SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-02-21, 06:04 PM   #61
TamSV
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Covid19 thread

This thread exemplifies all that’s best about the org for me. Civilised debate with lots of links to peer reviewed evidence.

I’ve just wasted an hour on Facebook researching some c***womble’s meme on this subject. Unsurprisingly he wasn’t bothered...

I’ll have a read through all this but it seems to me it’s too early to draw conclusions on almost anything to do with this virus. At best, we’ll maybe have a better idea what to do next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 07:44 PM   #62
Kenzie

I've just read a thread on FB were someone said "the stats say so" People asked for the stats and the OP said no. It just decends into an argument and **** flinging.
Kenzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 10:35 PM   #63
embee
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
... The German government is now pleading with population ( including over 65's ) to take the AZ vaccine, but the damage was done by politicising vaccines by country of origin, basically the EU did not want to accept that the AZ vaccine was effective, simply because it was produced in UK. .....
The UK media would like us to think that EU countries have something "against" the UK, that we are picked on in some way, always useful to portray us as the plucky underdogs.
My experience of being in EU countries is that they are almost totally indifferent to the UK, we just don't feature on their radar most of the time. The national news in France or Germany or Austria scarcely ever even mentions the UK, and hasn't done in the 25 odd years I've spent any time there.
It's usually presented in our media as the UK vs EU, as though it's one to one. Germany for example has borders with 9 other countries, they spend every day working with "foreigners" from those countries coming in and out and it really isn't seen as much of a big deal. They saw the UK as one of 28 in the EU, not as one of one.
The Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine is developed by Turkish scientists working in Germany for a German/US combined effort and the doses are manufactured in Belgium. It's not an issue who and where. They really aren't bothered about stuff being made in the UK or Netherlands or wherever, but it appears the UK media like to think they are.

Last edited by embee; 01-03-21 at 12:24 AM.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 11:15 PM   #64
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
'forgot'...Nice try Bill Gates

Which jab did you get?

I'm afraid Dave that the 'forgot' thing, unfortunately, is still very much a thing for me after my "mishap" 10 years or so ago (I'm fairly sure it was fairly well documented here at the time).

I've been given the Oxford jab (just looked at my card thing that they gave me....). I can report that I am still absolutely fine post jab too, after my initial poorly feelings after it.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 01:35 PM   #65
Bibio
Mega Poster

if the jabs are claimed to be so effective then why are we still in lockdown. i would guess that 90% of the vulnerable have been immunised so why are we still having to wait till June ish to be set free.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 01:38 PM   #66
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Had the jab this morning. No drama or fuss.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-21, 01:39 PM   #67
Swin

I've got my jab wednesday morning, hopefully no side effects as I'm supposed to be on nights

Funny thing was, I got an email telling me I'm in the critical risk group a few days ago, having just spent a year travelling in and out of London for work I'd probably have preferred not to know this
Old 01-03-21, 10:12 PM   #68
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
if the jabs are claimed to be so effective then why are we still in lockdown. i would guess that 90% of the vulnerable have been immunised so why are we still having to wait till June ish to be set free.
The latest data shows the vaccine is very effective, but Governments are reluctant to lift restrictions too soon after the yo-yo-ing from lockdowns to lifting restrictions and back again.

Given the debacle we've had in the UK, I think that's wise.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 08:17 AM   #69
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Given the debacle we've had in the UK, I think that's wise.
Speaking of debacles, here's Cleethorpes' sea front at the weekend bearing in mind that our virus rate is above the national average and climbing.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/n...wn-yet-5058088
Old 02-03-21, 08:45 AM   #70
Craig380
Mega Poster

It does look silly, doesn't it? To balance, the chances of outdoor transmission are very low, it's better than them all crowding into Primark ...
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote