SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 01-09-08, 12:39 PM   #21
YoungMan

Default Re: Squires Sunday?

It P*ssed it down yesterday afternoon but got out to Helmsley in the morning from York. A Gorrilla in the mist. Visor and sunglasses all misted up.
Yorkshire people in the cafe by the cross there don't speak English as i ordered 'a cup of coffee and a cup of tea' Coffe came ok, but a cappucino = cup of tea?
My York lady says its because I am a posh git.
Revenged by going down Sutton Bank without using the brake (almost) - cost be a beating though.
The jam on the A64 was a dead bloke on the verge next to an overturned car. From tragedy comes humour though - the big IFOL caravan convention further down the road emptied into the jam and experienced what they normally hand out.
It was closed for 6 hours.
But I didn't go that way
Old 01-09-08, 01:41 PM   #22
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
It P*ssed it down yesterday afternoon but got out to Helmsley in the morning from York. A Gorrilla in the mist. Visor and sunglasses all misted up.
Yorkshire people in the cafe by the cross there don't speak English as i ordered 'a cup of coffee and a cup of tea' Coffe came ok, but a cappucino = cup of tea?
My York lady says its because I am a posh git.
Revenged by going down Sutton Bank without using the brake (almost) - cost be a beating though.
The jam on the A64 was a dead bloke on the verge next to an overturned car. From tragedy comes humour though - the big IFOL caravan convention further down the road emptied into the jam and experienced what they normally hand out.
It was closed for 6 hours.
But I didn't go that way

I got stuck in that... Had to go through York. Didnt know why it was shut but I presumed it was a bad accident as the whole place was shut and there were police signes everywhere.

Cheers though for laughing at me having to go all the way into York I loves it
Old 06-09-08, 07:22 AM   #23
tony_sv650sy

Hey newts, if you ever fancy a run over to squires let me know, Im just up the road in Burnley. I cant make this Sunday as im on call and have to stay pretty close to home, any other weekend let me know.
Old 06-09-08, 06:18 PM   #24
newts924

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_sv650sy View Post
Hey newts, if you ever fancy a run over to squires let me know, Im just up the road in Burnley. I cant make this Sunday as im on call and have to stay pretty close to home, any other weekend let me know.

No problem mate i will do.

Do you go to BIG D's or rivington barn.

Give us a shout if you ever want a run out.

PS you don't work at whatmore do you?
Old 06-09-08, 06:28 PM   #25
ThEGr33k

Anyone want to meet up to watch WSB tomorrow at squires. I might head over if the weather is resonable...
Old 08-09-08, 06:37 PM   #26
YoungMan

I wuz there with my lady tucking into the carvery. A fine plateload indeed. There was quite a bit of rain about. The B1222 was flooded at Naburn so we went round via Selby. Saw one blue SV S without full fairing but didn't recognise the rider.
Old 08-09-08, 09:31 PM   #27
ThEGr33k

Aye... I didnt go in the end. I just rode around scarborough and whitby etc. Wasnt bad to be fair
Old 08-09-08, 09:51 PM   #28
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

i managed to rag it upto helmsley from 4 - 6 pm... flooded at byland abbey and a nobber towing a caravan was moving through the water slowly then when he saw me coming the other way, he sped up... the waves *just* missed me. I was gonna turn around knock his mirrors off but I wanted to get a nice bottle of Fentimans dandelion & burdock before the little cafe shop shut... Anyone fancy squires/other type of ride somewhere this wednesday evening? Weather's looking pretty slick

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 06:05 AM   #29
ThEGr33k

Maybe.... Depends whats going on with me.
Old 09-09-08, 09:13 AM   #30
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

working again nick? might have a raz over to the coast if you're about

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote