SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-04-07, 07:53 AM   #1
Pedrosa

Default Peter Henry he very sad.

My Org friends I maybe think you interest in message my big fan Peter henry be send me:

Hola Dani,

You were very kind to let Valentino win at Jerez I could see that you were not really trying. I wish you lots of luck for the race in Turkey next weekend. I will be cheering you on but maybe with not as much excitement as usual. This is not because I do not love you anymore but because my heart is very hurt.

Last Saturday when out for a ride in the mountains we stopped for a break and when starting my bike up again a most terrible noise was heard from within. No this was a really serious sound not normal desmo music. Anyway a grua was called and the bike was taken to a good garage who I have lots of faith in.

Yesterday they called me to tell me what they have found. Not as bad as it could be....but still very painful.

Apparently a crankshaft bearing had decided to disintegrate and throw debris around the engine. This has damaged the flywheeel, coil and ignition sender.

The cost to fix is more than 1 or 2 centimos and I am very,very upset. She was almost ready for the big 20k service and all that was left to be done was belt change, valve check and fork oil change but now this!

So a bike that looks like brand new, never hit the rev limiter, ridden fast but not stupidly repays me like this.

Oh those people who would have been thinking,"A Ducati? Are you mad?"

I am completely devastated and the romance with my gorgeous Italiana is now over. How could she do this to me? I have loved her like I have loved no other.

I think I am now to leave biking as this is indeed more than financial pain that I now feel.

I will keep in touch with you though Dani and wish you well for the rest of the season.

Hasta luego,

Peter.

p.s. Thankyou for the signed pictures.
Old 19-04-07, 07:55 AM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Re: Peter Henry he very sad.

Ouch, any warranty with ducati, low milage and it pops?
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-07, 07:59 AM   #3
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

**** IT!

Pete, that is really bad news fella. Gutted is an understatement.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-07, 08:04 AM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

Ouch! RIP Ducatti

Just lucky it didnt happen whilst riding huh...then again, its probably been making tell tale noises, but you just thought it was normal
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-07, 08:07 AM   #5
mattSV
Mega Poster

To quote Shinya Nakano:-

Ah bowwox

Time to get a 1098 then
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-07, 08:30 AM   #6
scorpion

That's bad man! Unluck
Old 19-04-07, 09:05 AM   #7
the white rabbit

Time for a 525EXC and explore those trails (and a set of SM wheels for days off).
Old 19-04-07, 09:08 AM   #8
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattSV View Post
Time to get a 1098 then
Not with 5 or is it 6 factory recalls issued so far and a possible problem with the starter motor gears exploding due to the motor being over geared and not having enough power to turn the engine over I wouldnt no...

Thats a real p*sser about the bike though

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-07, 09:08 AM   #9
K

It's hatefull when you see bikes running fine that have been thrashed soundly to within inches of their poor lives, treated like scum and serviced as often as a two-bit hooker with a face like a bus.

Some you can love so much, pamper, charm and adorn with gold - yet they'll still turn on you.

Time to get a honda perhaps.

Last edited by K; 19-04-07 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Can't even manage to spell 'Time'; fingers in fast forward, brain in reverse!
Old 19-04-07, 09:24 AM   #10
scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by K View Post
It's hatefull when you see bikes running fine that have been thrashed soundly to within inches of their poor lives, treated like scum and serviced as often as a two-bit hooker with a face like a bus.
MEEEEOOOOW!