SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-05-08, 07:25 PM   #1
Speedy Claire

Default Bikesafe

I did my 2 day bikesafe course this weekend and can thoroughly recommend it to anyone who`s thinking of doing it... I didn`t realise quite how much i`d learnt til I got out on the road and put it into practice. My observed rides went better than i thought and i got great feedback. I did mine with Merseyside but it took place on the Wirral and they were a fantastic bunch of guys. They have said that they`re more than willing to run a 2 day dedicated SV650.org bikesafe if we can get 10 members, obv only people in this area would be interested due to travel etc.

I really can`t emphasise enough how valuable this course is and how much I enjoyed it and the amount i`ve learned. The most noticeable difference for me was riding alone to Wales after the course and also riding alone again today.... for the first time since I bought my SV I felt confident!!! I felt I knew what i was doing and was more aware of not just what was going on around me but also of my own riding, i`m not saying i`m gonna become a riding goddess but my attitude now is so positive.

Big thumbs up to the Merseyside bikesafe guys...... and here`s just 4 of them lungeing just for the org lol

Old 19-05-08, 07:35 PM   #2
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: Bikesafe

Did you get ya baps out??!!?
Old 19-05-08, 07:37 PM   #3
pencil shavings

whats the guy on the left doing? looks like hes about to 'lay a brick'!!
Old 19-05-08, 07:41 PM   #4
Gene genie

look like you thoroughly enjoyed youself speedy c. and you obviousley never fluttered your eyelashes did you?
Old 19-05-08, 07:45 PM   #5
El Saxo

haha great pic of the guys lunging!

Glad to hear you got a lot out of the course, you had a big smile when we saw you at the Ponderosa so it looked like it was going well.

Count me in as one of the 10 .Org'ers that would be interested, I'd love to do the course but GMP don't do it & Cheshire Police never got back to me despite me submitting my details twice! I was considering the Staffs one that Shelley posted about but the Wirrall is a damn sight nearer for me.

PS that high-vis vest really suited you haha
Old 19-05-08, 07:45 PM   #6
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil shavings View Post
whats the guy on the left doing? looks like hes about to 'lay a brick'!!
Old 19-05-08, 07:47 PM   #7
glsuk1970

The guy on the right is clearly a very experienced lunger.

Sounds like you had a good time, Speedy.
Old 19-05-08, 07:53 PM   #8
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Saxo View Post

Glad to hear you got a lot out of the course, you had a big smile when we saw you at the Ponderosa so it looked like it was going well.

Count me in as one of the 10 .Org'ers that would be interested, I'd love to do the course but GMP don't do it & Cheshire Police never got back to me despite me submitting my details twice! I was considering the Staffs one that Shelley posted about but the Wirrall is a damn sight nearer for me.

Yeah, Cheshire police never got back to me either, so providing my shift pattern fits in I,d love to do a course, provisionally count me in.
Old 19-05-08, 07:59 PM   #9
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Did you get ya baps out??!!?

OI!!!! no I didn`t lol and I didn`t flutter my eyelashes either In honesty I dreaded being assessed by these Police/Fire motorcyclists that I was in awe of but I found them to be a fantastic bunch of guys, with sense of humours to match. I`m still buzzing from the course and am now a Bikesafe ambassador lol.
Old 19-05-08, 08:02 PM   #10
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Saxo View Post

Erm you weren`t meant to have seen me at the Ponderosa!! you should`ve all been well gone by then..... i was mortified when i saw you all lmao

I did have a big smile tho.. was such a buzz and I felt brilliant