SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-05-06, 02:30 PM   #1
jayjay

Default Bikesafe

I booked myself a bikesafe course at the Ace cafe for June 30th, the general feeling on this forum seems to be positive towards bikesafe so i thought i would sort my self out a course.

Any body else going or interested in going on the 30th June??
Old 30-05-06, 04:42 PM   #2
Gnan

i'm doing mine on the 7th and 8th of june, i need to put the legal exhaust back on first!
Old 30-05-06, 04:51 PM   #3
ak_uk

I'm booked in for the 28th June. I was wondering if they will be concerned about loud (e-marked) exhausts and sightly small plates?
Old 30-05-06, 05:06 PM   #4
Mr Toad

Did mine at the Ace last year - they weren't bothered by the small plate or unbaffled Scorpion

They do however check the bike over to make sure it's mechanically safe - whatever that means
Old 30-05-06, 05:34 PM   #5
didge

Yer i did the bike-safe last year well worth it even if you didn't think it was that grate at-least you can say you got chased by the police . i found it fun, the police where really cool they didn't care about loud cans and bikes not restricted "if it applies", at first its a bit intimidating having a big white pan European behind you but you soon relax. The instructor i was with took us off road and onto some muddy tracks don't really think that he meant to but what the hell, you will enjoy it, well worth 30 quid
Old 30-05-06, 06:27 PM   #6
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

I did a freebie 'mini - bikesafe' assessment recently & not only did the copper tell me that he wasn't interested in my can, plate or visor, but out on the road - the Burnham Rd for any who might know it - in my earpieces I heard . . .

. . . are you gonna stick to the speed limit all day, or actually ride as you normally would ?