SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 08-12-06, 11:01 AM   #1
The Basket

Default Scottish winters

Is it me or do Scottish winters suck?

Although it is better than the Shetlands and Orkneys where I was last week!
Old 08-12-06, 11:42 AM   #2
Quedos

They suck!

Cold wet and miserable and no snow any where!
Old 08-12-06, 11:48 AM   #3
Cronos

Eh?

This is an unseasonably warm December and you're complaining. Some folks are never happy.
Old 08-12-06, 12:25 PM   #4
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Have not seen a dry road for a month

Haven not "leant" the bike over for about the same

Looks like the sun has finally shown itself the noo tho', so may take the long way home from Scotstoun to Thornliebank, via the Lochside ............ in 5mins! Laters!
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 04:12 PM   #5
Tiger 55

Apparently it's "climate change" or some such nonsense. If we pay more tax the weather will improve...
Old 08-12-06, 07:52 PM   #6
The Basket

It is the damp that gets me.

Never dries out.

Not motorcycle weather...although the K5 starts on the first press...as it should...
Old 09-12-06, 01:28 AM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

Today was the first proper cold day, and it's the middle of december. Best year I can remember since I started riding... There's been plenty of great days, and even when it's been wet it's not often been all that wet. Though there's been a few nightmares (wednesday night in perth and fife was stinking...)

This isn't winter, it's not even trying. Duck-Man rode to ingliston and back in jeans tonight Try that on a proper cold night and your knees fall off.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 09:16 AM   #8
Kilted Ginger

Ice city at my place this morning, took me 3 attempts to get the car up the icy hill to the house last night, hope you two brave souls on the bikes didnt meet much, main roads were fine but once I got off the beaten track Was told when i moved here that I'd need a 4x4 for the winter and i poo hood it, time to eat my words, anybody wanna swap me their jeep for the next 3 months

This mornings just bananas, at least its the white ice that i can see, hope it'll clear up by early afternoon so I can get out for a run. Got plenty decorating to be getting on with in the interim, If anyones going out today take care
Old 09-12-06, 01:16 PM   #9
Cronos

Well I had a very tenuious motorcycle related accident this morning.

I was walking down the steps in Hawick next to MotoBrio (which is the tenuious link) and I managed to slip on a nice patch of ice. In true slapstick fashion, I went skyward, only to follow my freshly purchased cup of coffee and copy of the Guardian to the bottom of the steps.

The only amusing part of this story is I got to use an old Chic Murray one liner. A couple of old dears passing by asked me if I'd fallen and I just couldn't help myself but to answer, "no, I'm just trying to break a bar of chocolate in my back pocket".
Old 09-12-06, 01:31 PM   #10
Tiger 55

God, what a horrible and distressing story.

You read the Gaurdian....