SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 25-03-05, 10:59 AM   #31
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxilla
Anyone know what kind of mileage these tyres are getting?
I'd be interested to see how long they would last on an SV 'Lite' , less weight and torque could possibly even make these 10,000 mile tyres.
I only got 3k out of the rear because a nail ruined it, could only get an 020 to replace it. The front now has 6.5k on it and is a bit squared off; they follow ridges quite majorly now. I think it'll certainly last the next 2-3k that the 020 has on it, though.
Old 10-04-05, 09:47 PM   #32
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

The rear's dead, killed by a screw this afternoon, not worth a repair as it's nearly on the markers.

The edges are well razzed though, nicely rolled up and frazzled , prior to the flat, this afternoon they were most enjoyable.

The final result: 8150 miles.

Little bargain.

Probably going to try the Z6s next, I hope they're as good, for the money the Conti's will be a hard act to follow.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-05, 11:51 AM   #33
Stig

On the recommendations on here the next set of tyres for me WILL be the Road Attacks. I'm perpetually skint so anything that handles well and wears even better is good for me. Especially like the good comments about how they handle in the wet, as I am probably the worlds worst wet weather rider.
Old 11-04-05, 03:57 PM   #34
Wiltshire7

Quote:
as I am probably the worlds worst wet weather rider.
clearly u've never been behind me when the road is wet.
Old 12-04-05, 05:23 PM   #35
sd1cko

Done 1700 mile on my attacks and have lost about 1.5mm on the rear, and the print around the centre of the front tyre is still as visible as when new! had them over to about 1cm off the edges and not once had them attempting to slide . far better in the wet than my previous azaros. Definately recomend them!!

Rear: (highlighted where u can just make out edge of remaining lettering) Then Front:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ttackrear2.bmp
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tackfront2.bmp
Old 09-05-05, 09:12 PM   #36
Stig

I've now done 600 odd miles on the attacks and seriously impressed. The day I went to have them fitted, it was lashing it down. As I was going to get both changed at the same time I was going to cancel and book another day, but decided to be brave and go get them changed anyway. Got them fitted for £165 which was nice, and then left to get back to work in the rain. Well after I went round a couple of roundabouts I realised that the tyres were giving a whole lot more grip than I expected. These tyres were brand new but still gave me grip and feel.

I am a crap wet weather rider but these tyres inspire confidence. I really don't mind pushing it a bit even when its damp, loads of feedback and lets you know nicely when the tyres want to let go.

Also tested them in the dry around the local roads. Love them. I'm down to 10mm or so from the tyre wall and this is without moving my **** off the seat one little bit.

Superb tyres. Only thing left is to see how long they last. I have noticed that the writing on the rear is all but gone after these 600 odd miles. The front though is still legible
Old 09-05-05, 09:21 PM   #37
sd1cko

Im suprised to hear you have noticed tyre wear after such a short distance? having said that my tyres seemed to not wear for ages then suddenly start to disintigrate !
i have done nearly 4000 miles on them now and i only have about 3mm tread depth left i think! altho i did a stint with my rear tyre at 38psi which didnt help!
I try to keep it at 42psi which seems to handle and wear better

anybody found that too little or too much air in the tyre affect there wear rates? and where was your happy medium?
Old 09-05-05, 09:32 PM   #38
Stig

I've messed with the tyre pressures before but found that I prefer the stock 33/36.
Old 10-05-05, 05:57 PM   #39
SpankyHam

NIce!

I get mine fitted tomorrow.
Old 10-05-05, 09:43 PM   #40
sd1cko

Good choice! You wont be dissapointed!