SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 16-07-11, 02:29 PM   #1
Pedrosa

Default Rossi leg humpers,where are you know?

The most amazing motorcycle racer ever now has the real appearance of a Mr.Average despite riding a Nº1 factory bike. I remember not too long ago people waxing lyrical and marveling at him but now?

They would have us believe that Rossi could enter a Moto GP race on twist and go 50 and still win, he was simply that good. Especially when still marking his card for him was Gerry "Merlin the Wizard" Burgess.

So what explanation can there be? He really has no secret formula, he has always had THE best bike to ride- Aprilia,Honda,Yamaha,(the Yamaha obviously did not need a whole lot to turn it in to a winning bike.) Given that the Ducati is one bitch to ride, The jaunty Italian and his Aussie mentor, have not been able to do much to tame it have they?

Worst qualifying position of his career for the Sachsenring race tomorrow, maybe he should consider stepping down and giving a hungry young rider a chance?

Discuss.
Old 16-07-11, 02:46 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rossi leg humpers,where are you know?

Paints Stoner in a good light though doesnt it. He did something on that bike that it looks as though even Rossi cant do. i.e Win...

Theres obviously a fundamental flaw somewhere, so is it that Rossi and Burgess cant make it work, or is it Ducati themselves who wont do what Rossi / Burgess are asking them to do ?

Is one of the reasons that Stoner left Ducati because Ducati werent listening to what he wanted anymore ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-11, 02:55 PM   #3
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

As much as I respect Rossi's talent, hero worshipping fans do p*ss me off. You should be there for the love of watching good racing, not to cheer along one person like some retarded football fan.

I suspect it might come down to development budgets between yam and ducati, all in the electrics. Bring back fire breathing 500s!
Old 16-07-11, 03:16 PM   #4
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Agree with Fizz on the Rossi- Ducati relationship proves that Stoner made a nearly unrideable bike win. This needs another thread.

With the development budgets Yam's is not as big this year (but the bike from 2010 was ahead of everyone) Ducati's is small and they admit that.
This year has proved that budget doesn't win the championship. Honda have F-offed in the early stages and Yam have started putting last season parts on the bike to win and it looks like a winner.

With YC bring back the fire spitters

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-11, 03:47 PM   #5
The Basket

Maybe he has lost the edge. He dont want it as much anymore.

But then again look at Marco Melandri. Jeez...watching Melandri in WSB against Max Biaggi is surreal. They deserve MotoGP rides.

Melandri went from hero to zero on the Ducati but Stoner was winning. So it was all Marco fault. I bet Melandri has a wry smile on his chops nowadays.
Old 16-07-11, 05:21 PM   #6
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Rossi was the GOAT.Colin Edwards said so and his record speaks for itself,but times change.I said last year when he broke his leg that it would be hard to come back from that at his age with the right motivation and with the younger competition around.I give him credit for what he did.
I also rate Stoner as one of the greats.I don't give a to&& if no one likes him,and I was ashamed to be British when our so called fans booed him at Donnington
Old 16-07-11, 05:56 PM   #7
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

As a bit of a VR leg humper I think he is past it.I said last year when he broke his leg and interrupted his usual winning ways I thought it might be the end of his domination of the sport.I still regard him as the GOAT just on his record,and who am I to argue with Colin Edwards who described him as such?
For the record,I also rate Stoner as a great rider,and have said so many times here and elsewhere over the years.I don't give a **** if he whines and upsets the mob,his riding does the talking and that will do for me.
Old 16-07-11, 06:35 PM   #8
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

How odd.First post vanished so I said it again,then it posted itself half an hour later.I blame the ghost of Mike the bike with all this talk of who is the GOAT
Old 16-07-11, 07:22 PM   #9
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
How odd.First post vanished so I said it again,then it posted itself half an hour later.I blame the ghost of Mike the bike with all this talk of who is the GOAT
Greatest of All Time
Mind you you can point that one at The ducati engines
"Get Our Act Together"

Last edited by NTECUK; 16-07-11 at 07:24 PM.
NTECUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-11, 09:24 AM   #10
Pedrosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
Greatest of All Time
Mind you you can point that one at The ducati engines
"Get Our Act Together"
I really do not believe that there is a whole lot wrong with the Ducati engine. It is the chassis that is creating the problems.