SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-07-14, 05:28 PM   #1
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Default OMO - Advanced Charity Sponsorship Tools

Oh Mighty Org!

I'm planning on doing something big for charity next year, with a twist, in that I want to allow those that are donating to vote towards what events/activities I will end up doing for charity. The 5 activities with the most donations, will be the ones I have no choice but to do (and then will do another 5 of my choosing).

In an ideal world, I'd like people to be able to go onto a site, and either add their donation to an existing activity already listed, or create their own for others to add donations to.

In my mind, I feel like I've seen a honeymoon website that does something similar, but for honeymoon activities - but could be easily adapted for charity events.

Does anyone know of any website that can do something similar to this?
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 09:02 AM   #2
Ravenhearts

Default Re: OMO - Advanced Charity Sponsorship Tools

try the Just giving website
Old 04-07-14, 12:05 PM   #3
Brettus

just post a poll on the org and direct people here, I'm sure you'll get sensible responses (OK maybe some site that supports users proposing ideas, a subreddit might serve on www.reddit.com with proposals being posts and support being upvotes on those posts)

Once you've selected your 5 then set up the fund raising for each of the 5 in turn.

I'd suspect the action of splitting the funding and the voting would be your best bet too TBH as what would happen to money pledged to ones you don't decide to do, you'd then have people having to repledge to the actual one you do.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-14, 07:03 PM   #4
Steve_God
Mega Poster

The JustGiving site is good in the main, but not for what I'm trying to achieve.

Using Reddit isn't a bad idea, but still keeps the voting side of things separate to the donations, and I'd like them to be linked to some extent.

I think I'm going to have to go with the suggestion of splitting the voting and donating separately, and just have people give their vote as a comment after they've donated, and I'll just manually compile / update the results as they come in.

Cheers for the suggestions though!
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote