SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 19-03-06, 10:30 AM   #101
The Basket

Yeah.

It is up to the factory to make the bikes win, not the rule makers.

Ducati look like happy with what Bayliss is doing....crisis? What crisis?

V2 not working? Build V5 instead.

Old 19-03-06, 04:36 PM   #102
Peter Henry

Basket....Take a look at the likes of KTM and Blata to appreciate the difficulty in designing a bike that is competitive from scratch. Even more relative take a look at the Foggy Petronas. Very difficult to do.

I think it more down to bullying by those Nipponese devils! They keep bullying the Ducati's with their 4 against 2! :P :P

Old 19-03-06, 06:52 PM   #103
The Basket

Don't get me wrong

What Ducati have done at all levels of racing has been fantastic. Fantastic for the sport, motorcycling and giving the Japanese what for.

I seem to remember that Ducati did consider a Twin for MotoGP before realising it is a no go. Just saying that if they can't get the power from a twin then a new config engine will have to be done rather than giving twins a cc hike. Should have a set of rules and a level playing field.

Team Roberts makes me chuckle...King Kenny was full of bravado at the very beginning years ago, saying that his team will take on the Japs at thier own game. And puts a Honda V5 in his latest machine and it is as competitive as it has ever been.

But fair play if it flies though.

Old 19-03-06, 09:55 PM   #104
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Basket....Take a look at the likes of KTM and Blata to appreciate the difficulty in designing a bike that is competitive from scratch. Even more relative take a look at the Foggy Petronas. Very difficult to do.

I think it more down to bullying by those Nipponese devils! They keep bullying the Ducati's with their 4 against 2! :P :P
with the FP1 i think its got alot to do with having good riders, corser had that bike on pole a few years ago and he and stalker had podium positions. if foggy could have kept riders like corser on board who knows what it could doing now.

Old 21-03-06, 10:08 PM   #105
busasean

when the limits were 1000cc for twins and 750cc il4i remember ducati saying if the japs didnt like it they should build a 1000cc twin. ..........well ducati if you dont like it, build a 1000cc il4 or sod off and stop whinging! (sorry peter)

Old 21-03-06, 10:46 PM   #106
Peter Henry

Busasean...Although I love Ducati mate,I am not blind to fairplay!

Old 22-03-06, 05:22 PM   #107
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by busasean
when the limits were 1000cc for twins and 750cc il4i remember ducati saying if the japs didnt like it they should build a 1000cc twin. ..........well ducati if you dont like it, build a 1000cc il4 or sod off and stop whinging! (sorry peter)
i must agree.

Old 22-03-06, 09:20 PM   #108
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Did anyone else read MCN today ??

As I (and others) predicted the Japanese works teams are not at all happy that f***in' Flammini is even considering a rule change in favour (again !!) of Ducati.

Rather interesting letter as well that asks why Flammini won't let Triumph race the 675 in WSS because "we can't make a rule for one manufacturer" when that's EXACTLY what he IS considering doing for Ducati !!
Old 22-03-06, 09:25 PM   #109
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Yep I read that. I take everyting I read in MCN with a large pinch of salt though.

Did you see the article about the V4 Aprillia ? Now if they build that and turn it into WSB racer that would be awesome. Also would Ducati's V4 road MOTOGP replica bike be eligible for WSB or wont they make enough of them to homologate the bike ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 22-03-06, 09:35 PM   #110
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel
. . . I take everyting I read in MCN with a large pinch of salt though.
I know what you mean Fizz - but I don't think even MCN would go as far to as make up interviews with team bosses !!

As for the Aprillia V4 - OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY !!!

Not sure how many MotoGP road bikes Ducati are planning on making - however knowing Flammini he'll let them race it if they want to even if they only produce 1 or 2 !!