SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-12-06, 10:28 PM   #11
Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfer
Easiest way to rule it out, try starting with the clutch out
Sorry, I'm a little confused. It won't start unless the clutch is pulled in anyway.

I've left it outside my local bike shop (coz I wasn't gonna push it straight past just to push it back in the morning!) so I'll try that tomorrow. Any other hints people?
Old 18-12-06, 10:31 PM   #12
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigbunk
Sorry, I'm a little confused. It won't start unless the clutch is pulled in anyway.
It wont, which side did it go down on maybe the clutch levers a little bent and even with the clutch pulled in its not working the bypass switch properly.

Might be worth having a search for the instructions on how to bypass the clutch switch and then see if it'll start.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-06, 10:35 PM   #13
Bear

No, I didn't actually drop it. It leant over a fair old way but i managed to manhandle it back upright.
Old 18-12-06, 10:36 PM   #14
mattSV
Mega Poster

Or knocked it into gear trying to get it up?

Does it come up with CHECK on the dash?
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-06, 10:38 PM   #15
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigbunk
It wont, which side did it go down on maybe the clutch levers a little bent and even with the clutch pulled in its not working the bypass switch properly.

Might be worth having a search for the instructions on how to bypass the clutch switch and then see if it'll start.
If the lights are dimming when you press the starter then everything with the starter circuit should be ok, just that the starter is not turning over.

When you try and start the bike, do you hear the starter relay clicking, when you turn on the bike with the Kill switched off, do you hear the injectors priming? Any error codes on the LCD (you will probably have to put it in "dealer mode")? Explain more this noise you herd from the engine before it went all wrong.

Even with the clutch pulled in or out a push start should be enough to turn over the engine bypassing the starter circuit.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-06, 10:38 PM   #16
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattSV
Does it come up with CHECK on the dash?
Liz's K5 did this when I dropped it with the motor running, We picked it back up and switched the ignition off I took the key out and then put the key back in and it started fine.

When you turn the ignition on can you hear it whirring as it pressurises the fuel rail before you go to start it ?

Old 18-12-06, 10:39 PM   #17
Bear

No, only thing on the dash is the oil light. it's not an in-gear issue, as I've push started it and had it running (And when it's running the oil light goes out)
Old 18-12-06, 10:40 PM   #18
Bear

Quote:
When you turn the ignition on can you hear it whirring as it pressurises the fuel rail before you go to start it ?
Old 18-12-06, 10:40 PM   #19
Bear

Quote:
Yep.
Old 18-12-06, 10:46 PM   #20
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Umh... weird...

So with the ignition on with the bike on the sidestand, you've got an oil light, you hear the bike pressurise the fuel rail and you've got a Neutral light, but when you pull the clutch in the lights dim, the starter doesnt turn and the headlights dim.