SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-12-06, 11:07 PM   #31
Bear

Yeah, sorry. Just noticed that I'd replied yes to your Q. No noise from the relay when i push the button. How do i put it in dealer mode?
Old 18-12-06, 11:07 PM   #32
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigbunk
Cheers fizz, I'll give that a go tomorrow. If that is what's causing the problem, how do I remedy it?
OK it it were me :

1. I'd lift the fuel tank up and then take the air fiter out and have a look around in the airbox and see if theres any oil in there. IIRC its normal for there to be a very small amount in there. But if theres a small lake in there then thats not good. Mop it up with some kitchen roll or something like that and get it all dried out. If you can take the airbox off the bike even better.

2. I'd then take the plugs out of both cylinders and then turn the bike over with the starter and see if any oil is pumped out of the spark plug holes.

3. Once your sure you've got it all out. Put the plugs back in and leave the airbox off and see if it will turn over and then. It might run roughly until any remaining that was sat on top of the piston or anywhere else burns off. Have a look and see if anyting blows up the crankcase breather hoses.

4. Pop the airbox back on and then repeat and see if it'll run.

Just to cover me and you. Remember I'm not and should not be referenced as being a "Mechanic" or "Somebody who knows about bikes like Sid Squid or Rictus do". If your in any doubt then get somebody who does know what they are talking about to have a look at it.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-06, 11:13 PM   #33
Bear

Thanks for all the help fellas. I'm gonna go crash and get up early tomorrow to have a butchers. See you in the morning!
Old 18-12-06, 11:16 PM   #34
netsurfer

Very good idea to put an old rag over the plug holes when doing this, saves making a BIG mess

Pete
Old 19-12-06, 08:59 AM   #35
Bear

Yeah, so it was the clutch switch.

HOORAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

the sound of a bike starting up without costing oodles of money must be one of the most gratifyimg noises I've ever heard!

I owe all of you a beer, a coffee, or some kind of sexual favour! (I can't think what else that emoticon could mean...)

Thanks guys, it's a learning curve. Everytime something goes wrong I get a bit better at understanding my bike thanks to you guys. You're like the father i never had (Sniff...)

Jaime
Old 19-12-06, 09:02 AM   #36
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
the sound of a bike starting up without costing oodles of money must be one of the most gratifyimg noises I've ever heard!
Its the best noise ever. Thats good nice and simple glad you've got it sorted

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-06, 09:05 AM   #37
Baph

Default Re: She won't start! Help!

After just typing up a whole load of things to check, it seems you've fixed it. Congrats anyway

Quote:
How do i put it in dealer mode?
There's a writeup here (TRE mode thread). On my K6, the connector is under the main seat (not pillion). As you would be sitting on the bike, it's on the left, behind the battery area. Small white connector with a black cap on it. The error codes are listed somewhere on the forum, and they're on svrider.com as well. Let me know if you can't find those.

Dealer mode will almost certainly tell you what's going on, but you need to be in dealer mode when any error is present. It doesn't have any memory of what's happened on the last ride.

I'd put money on it that once started, you bounced it off the rev limiter a bit, right?
Old 19-12-06, 09:08 AM   #38
Bear

Maybe a little bit, yes
Old 19-12-06, 09:12 AM   #39
Bear

I'll just have to check if the weird noise when pulling away comes back now!
Old 19-12-06, 09:13 AM   #40
Bear

Default Re: She won't start! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph
After just typing up a whole load of things to check, it seems you've fixed it. Congrats anyway
You guys really are above and beyond. Cheers fellas.