SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-09-08, 06:40 PM   #1
TheStudent

Default Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

Well, as it says above, that's what i'm after to wire in an autocom kit, any ideas?

Thanks, Tom.
Old 28-09-08, 09:17 PM   #2
carsounds_dan

Default Re: Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

one near the fuse box, yellow or orange wire, i can't remember... i ran a relay off it to control the heated grips i use.
Old 30-09-08, 02:59 PM   #3
TheStudent

Default Re: Curvy - Ignition controlled electrical power source under pillion seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsounds_dan View Post
one near the fuse box, yellow or orange wire, i can't remember... i ran a relay off it to control the heated grips i use.
I'm just conscious of what i power it off that's all, don't wanna mess up my bike or the kit. The book recommends using the power supply to the tail/brake lights but I don't know where that is, failing that, just a fused power supply. Anyone know?

I had a look and found an orange wire taped in with a black/white one running past the fuse box, that what you mean? Can just see it in the top right. Do you know what this wire actually does?

Thanks, T.

Last edited by TheStudent; 30-09-08 at 03:07 PM.
Old 30-09-08, 03:20 PM   #4
Grinch

Well the yellow wire should be the feed to your lights for high beam, and white is low beam.
Old 30-09-08, 03:22 PM   #5
Grinch

This might help, sv-02 wiring diagram.
Old 30-09-08, 05:58 PM   #6
carsounds_dan

basically you need a fuse holder, a relay and an ignition wire.
put a wire to the battery + to the fuse holder, then from that to pin 30 or a 4 or 5 pin relay.
put pin 85 to ground (or the battery negative). find a wire that goes live when the ignition is turned on [i think that it's the orange one... i'll check next time i've got it in bits] put this to pin 86.
put the feed to the power socket to pin 87 and bob's your uncle.. you may need an earth with the power socket.. if you do earth it to the battery with the relay's earth.
don't go running sockets off of original wiring, the wires are designed to run their original purpose, not to have extras put on... they will burn out and blow fuses etc.
if you want any more advice let me know.
cheers
dan
Old 02-10-08, 05:09 PM   #7
TheStudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsounds_dan View Post
basically you need a fuse holder, a relay and an ignition wire.
put a wire to the battery + to the fuse holder, then from that to pin 30 or a 4 or 5 pin relay.
put pin 85 to ground (or the battery negative). find a wire that goes live when the ignition is turned on [i think that it's the orange one... i'll check next time i've got it in bits] put this to pin 86.
put the feed to the power socket to pin 87 and bob's your uncle.. you may need an earth with the power socket.. if you do earth it to the battery with the relay's earth.
don't go running sockets off of original wiring, the wires are designed to run their original purpose, not to have extras put on... they will burn out and blow fuses etc.
if you want any more advice let me know.
cheers
dan
I'm new to electronics, have you got a link to an ideal candidate please?
Old 02-10-08, 05:48 PM   #8
TheStudent

Don't suppose you know of a live wire near the speedo too Dan? For a Road Angel.
Old 02-10-08, 05:50 PM   #9
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Orange wire is switched live. That runs near front too, to clocks etc.

I'd run one relay from orange wire by fusebox, fused, then spilt that to autocom socket and to bars too.
Old 02-10-08, 05:52 PM   #10
TheStudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Orange wire is switched live. That runs near front too, to clocks etc.

I'd run one relay from orange wire by fusebox, fused, then spilt that to autocom socket and to bars too.
That's what I was thinking, follow the wires all the way up under the tank.

Any advice on a relay Chris?