SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-09-08, 08:17 AM   #1
SuzukiNess

Unhappy I dropped my BF's K8 GSXR...

yip, i did..

after pestering him for a while to let me ride it he eventually gave in and let me... sure he regrets it now cos after putting it up on the sidestand and me jumping for joy turned to see it laying on its side... thank gd for the crash bangs. I was mortified!!! - he hid his anger/disappointment very well

parts needed...

gear lever

mirror

tail piece

any ideas? race bike excess parts??

thanks
Old 24-09-08, 08:23 AM   #2
Heed

Default Re: I dropped my BF's K8 GSXR......

He's good to contain his anger. After telling the missus to never ever touch the bike under any circumstances she decided to move it a month or so ago. She didn't know about steering locks and thought that bikes were like feathers as I had told her that they were light. I meant light compared to a car. Needless to say this ended in disaster with a £220 carbon fibre tail piece scraping along the wall along with a scuffed indicator and rear light. She was apologetic and I tried to contain my anger and didn't even shout. Instead I sulked like a 3 year old for a full afternoon!
Old 24-09-08, 09:35 AM   #3
SuzukiNess

he's been surprisingly "calm" and gracious about the whole episode... even offered to let me ride it again spose its a case of - its already broken u may as well break it some more ...
Old 24-09-08, 09:44 AM   #4
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

i'm sorry, i know i shouldn't but i laughed

hope it gets fixed easily and he forgives you
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-08, 10:09 AM   #5
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

You must give good ..........
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-08, 10:58 AM   #6
SuzukiNess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
You must give good ..........

of course it has nothing to do with me being such a nice person and he 's me dearly

Old 24-09-08, 11:27 AM   #7
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuZuKiBaBe View Post
of course it has nothing to do with me being such a nice person and he 's me dearly
Absolutley not!!!
Old 24-09-08, 11:34 AM   #8
Dangerous Dave

Default Re: I dropped my BF's K8 GSXR...

Have a look on Ebay, the gear lever is the first thing to replace as the rest can still leave the bike rideable.
Old 24-09-08, 12:31 PM   #9
gemma1675

I dropped my OH's bike, a TT600, last time I rode it. We were out for a ride and swapped bikes - like you do - only I dropped his turning right. Not a lot of damage but it seemed worse because he had only just got it back from the garage after an accident! Thankfully he had crash bungs too so all it needed was a little touch up on the fairing, a new crash bung and the exhaust was a bit scratched. We picked the bike up and he just rode off and left me, he was absolutely fuming. He didn't talk to me for the rest of the day. I still don't think he has forgiven me mind you, and it was over a year ago!

I think you got off lightly.

I haven't ridden his bike since and I don't intend to. It is just too top heavy for me. Know your limits, I say.
Old 24-09-08, 12:38 PM   #10
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma1675 View Post
I still don't think he has forgiven me mind you, and it was over a year ago!
Esp with a K8 bike, I would say just replace everything that's damaged for brand new. Then it's only money, not a constant reminder. Can always sell the damaged parts for something.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote