SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-10-06, 06:43 PM   #1
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Cleaning Advice needed, textiles melted on exhaust.

As per the subject, I could use some advice on how to remove this from my exhaust

I stretched my legs out and melted my textile trousers on the exhaust pipe. I've had a go at it today and got most of it off apart from two blobs that I just cannot shift.

I read a tip in MCN about using paint brush cleaner to get it off, anybody else got any suggestions.

I have tried to polish it off with autosol and a Scotchpad scourer thingy but I cant shift the last bit.

Cheers

Fizz

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 06:46 PM   #2
Samnooshka

Keep scrubbing i used Autosol and a toothbrush and it eventually came off mine . it will also just burn off though may smell for a little while.
Old 07-10-06, 06:52 PM   #3
falc

Yup same advice, just keep at it. It will come off eventually
Old 07-10-06, 07:13 PM   #4
Law

Keep scrubbing, I melted my textiles onto the exhaust pipes of my 125. Had to scrape the stuff off and then polish the scrape out.
Old 07-10-06, 07:24 PM   #5
kwak zzr

i melted the back of my boot in the same place, autosol does shift it eventually.