SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-12-12, 01:26 PM   #1
missjhb

Default M62 nightmare

Has anyone experienced the demon of the M62? There seems to be an accident on either or both sides at least once day, of a broken down vehicle. WHY?!!!!!! I find myself punching my steering wheel in anger because I need to release rage

Just a rant!
Old 06-12-12, 01:31 PM   #2
dirtyred619

Default Re: M62 nightmare

It's rubbish I try to avoid it at all costs. And the yellow cameras seem to have been there for about 3 years its a joke.
Old 06-12-12, 01:46 PM   #3
missjhb

I left work in Halifax at 3pm, Got hom at 5:45pm. Redirected through Bradford. Nightmare. I think that highways agency need a serious wake call and do something. Yeah and all the lanses are tiny. The amount of times I have squealed when I pass a lorry while he is swerving is ridiculous lol...
Old 06-12-12, 07:39 PM   #4
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyred619 View Post
It's rubbish I try to avoid it at all costs. And the yellow cameras seem to have been there for about 3 years its a joke.

3 years.........and the rest!

It's had a 50 limit on it since 2007 at least!

It's gotten so bad now, my dad travels to Leeds every day, that sometimes he has to turn back due to accidents.
Couple of weeks back he went to join at chain bar, and spent two.hours sat on the a58 joining it. By the time he got on the roundabout, he decided not to bother...this is no lie, people had u turned on the slip road onto the 62, and were attempting to get back on the roundabout! Jamming it further!

Bet there were loads of booked folk that day!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 07:48 PM   #5
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
3 years.........and the rest!

It's had a 50 limit on it since 2007 at least!

It's gotten so bad now, my dad travels to Leeds every day, that sometimes he has to turn back due to accidents.
Couple of weeks back he went to join at chain bar, and spent two.hours sat on the a58 joining it. By the time he got on the roundabout, he decided not to bother...this is no lie, people had u turned on the slip road onto the 62, and were attempting to get back on the roundabout! Jamming it further!

Bet there were loads of booked folk that day!
If you're referring to the one about 2/3 months ago in the morning, people were been instructed to turn around on the slip roads because a lorry had tipped over from lane one into lane two taking the top off a passing car and its occupants. Two women lost their lives that day.

Or more recently if you're referring to the one on a morning about 3 weeks ago that was because a van in lane one started to overtake a lorry, pulled into lane two not realizing another van was already in lane two. They collided fairly harmlessly but it caused the van in lane one to rotate 90degrees and speed across lane 3 smashing into the barrier. Pretty horrific even before you consider the motorcylist in lane 3 who hit the first van side on as it sped into the central barrier. He lost his life that day.

If a breakdown holds you up feel free to curse the vehicle in question but when its due to an accident just remember there are people not getting home at all, be greatful you're only doing so late.
Old 06-12-12, 09:25 PM   #6
Rokerman

Its a standing joke as we listen to the traffic reports on the radio at work.
Without fail the M62 is mentioned.
Old 06-12-12, 10:14 PM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

Miss wilky fights it every friday. nightmare.
Old 06-12-12, 10:37 PM   #8
missjhb

I understand what you're saying Matt but not necessarily mean the actual accident but the ridiculously small lanes which incidently make it easier for people to make silly mistakes and cause an accident. It's frustrating on drivers parts because when this happens an accident on the opposite can happen simpy because of the driver watching to see what has happened. What ever happens on that motorway though always seems to cause major issues thus potentially making the room for even more errors in judgement and driving
Old 06-12-12, 10:38 PM   #9
missjhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Miss wilky fights it every friday. nightmare.
To be fair on a Friday I find the journey less stressful and sometimes get to work in under an hour. I leave work in the afternoon, still busy but moving, unless there is an accident or broken down vehicle.
Old 06-12-12, 11:08 PM   #10
timwilky
Mega Poster

Well she fights it home from leeds to preston on a friday. a ****ter when we have a midweek or friday night like this week

Then back on Sunday evening.