SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 21-07-10, 09:31 AM   #2151
petevtwin650

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Hope you get a good price Mike, what are you replacing it with?
End of an Era?

Old 21-07-10, 10:38 AM   #2152
kellyjo

No wonder he's not showing his face around here Women!!!!
Old 22-07-10, 12:22 PM   #2153
Mike2165

Sorry you lot, just got back off holiday. Yes the VFR is up for sale, and I'm replacing it with a sports car!! Possibly a BMW Z3 if I can get one for the right price. I will be getting a bike, but it will be a bit of a hack I think!! Something to keep me busy getting it on the road. I know if I sell the VFR, I'll want to go biking as soon as it's gone, so I'm not giving up a bike.
Old 25-07-10, 07:55 PM   #2154
kellyjo

Ive been busy with my bike, getting her in tip-top shape for AR10.

Only had it a month and (courtesy of the bank of Jeff) ive replaced the screen, removed and rewelded and repainted rhs footrest hanger, replaced tank protector, new can (nothing flash, just daytona standard black can but still improved sound and looks), exhaust hanger, new hugger and just sorting new chain guard, touched up a bit of dodgy paintwork and put 2000 miles on it

Still to do: Seat cowl, top yoke protector, spray hanger

Ive just been in the garage and reset suspension settings to default (except front compression which wont budge) so it'll be interesting to see if it feels very different. The only one which was way out was front pre-load which should have five rings showing but was set to only three. Having never had a bike with adjustable suspension before I have no idea what that does!!!!!

Loving the bike (and the extra 40 horses ) but am really worried about damaging it - parts and accessories are nowhere near as easy to come by as SV Still no regrets
Old 26-07-10, 05:52 AM   #2155
BigBaddad

Back from a week in sunny Mallorca get to go riding today.
Old 26-07-10, 07:42 AM   #2156
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Ive been busy with my bike, getting her in tip-top shape for AR10.

Only had it a month and (courtesy of the bank of Jeff) ive replaced the screen, removed and rewelded and repainted rhs footrest hanger, replaced tank protector, new can (nothing flash, just daytona standard black can but still improved sound and looks), exhaust hanger, new hugger and just sorting new chain guard, touched up a bit of dodgy paintwork and put 2000 miles on it

Still to do: Seat cowl, top yoke protector, spray hanger

Ive just been in the garage and reset suspension settings to default (except front compression which wont budge) so it'll be interesting to see if it feels very different. The only one which was way out was front pre-load which should have five rings showing but was set to only three. Having never had a bike with adjustable suspension before I have no idea what that does!!!!!

Loving the bike (and the extra 40 horses ) but am really worried about damaging it - parts and accessories are nowhere near as easy to come by as SV Still no regrets
Sounds like you are enjoying it I have been so busy recently that the only riding I have had time to do is to work and back Oh well got my little jaunt to Blackpool to look forward to at the end of August - heres hoping the nice weather stays around until then

I had my suspension adjusted by a chap who said he knew what he was doing and it was fine on the road - went to Snetterton and it was waaaay too soft - I think the whole bike could do with a look after in the bouncy bits department - 22k and 8 years is a long time with no maintenance in that area...
Old 27-07-10, 06:01 AM   #2157
BigBaddad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2165 View Post
Sorry you lot, just got back off holiday. Yes the VFR is up for sale, and I'm replacing it with a sports car!! Possibly a BMW Z3 if I can get one for the right price. I will be getting a bike, but it will be a bit of a hack I think!! Something to keep me busy getting it on the road. I know if I sell the VFR, I'll want to go biking as soon as it's gone, so I'm not giving up a bike.
Started allready, how long you been married Mike and a BMW That's what happens when you buy a H&%da
Old 27-07-10, 08:12 AM   #2158
Mike2165

Bikes sold now... Looked at a lovely Volvo the other day
Old 27-07-10, 08:14 AM   #2159
maviczap
Mega Poster

That'll do for towing that caravan Mike
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-10, 08:14 AM   #2160
Skip
Mega Poster

Been commuting on the bike for the past few weeks and have been working out the MPG (sad I know) and its averaging out at about 42-43mpg - not too bad for a big 1000cc twin that has had the fuelling mucked about