SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-07-20, 06:48 AM   #1
CivilDrone

Default Sv650s K5 c28 + STVA + Flaps

Morning
Sorry for the lack of vocabulary for some specific parts, still learning
Recently i have been getting c28 only on the motorway, 60mph and above. City riding is absolutely fine. I have swapped chain and sprockets, oil and filter, coolant to eliminate all that. I have also ordered a much better conditioned oil radiator, replacing once it arrived next week. I have read about c28 and it seems down to stva soldering needs re doing. From all the vids i have seen i cannot see the stva on the bike, unless its a very different shape.
My next question is in regards to the flaps. With engine off they are 1/4 open, switching it on opens them slightly and then they twitch back into 1/4 position. Turning the nut to close them fully does just that, both synchronised and shut the air intake fully with no overturning
Throttle linkage is very smooth but the one to operate flaps isnt, very stiff and upon trying to move it up and down it only opens slightly
Any help on this please?
Regards
CivilDrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 07:40 AM   #2
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: Sv650s K5 c28 + STVA + Flaps

Hi and welcome. The STVA motor spindle and linkages can get stiff and crudded up, which in turn can throw the C28 code because the actuator can't move the plates to the position the ECU expects.

Give every joint in the linkage a good hosing with GT85 or WD40, also the STVA motor axle (just behind the nut). Then use the nut to work the plates open and closed a few times. See if that helps.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 09:21 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Sv650s K5 c28 + STVA + Flaps

if you have moved the secondary screw for the STVA butterflies then you have screwed the settings and you are feked. you need to take the TB's off and set them with verniers and the STV with a meter. these things are factory set for a reason.

better idea.. get another set of TB's and dont fuk with them.

i hate to be blunt but thats the upshot of it.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote