SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 29-10-20, 07:34 PM   #7371
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Yeah, he also looked at the 2n and found the meter isn't working, auto/manual modes not working and its also missing the prism retaining strap, just being held in place by the hotshoe lug.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-20, 07:42 PM   #7372
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Watched The Man From UNCLE last night, there are a few cameos form some nice film cameras, didn't get a look at them really. The first I think is an Exacta, the second was an SLR but I colnd't make out the name on it, something a bit like "Artycu", and a TLR near the end.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-20, 07:46 PM   #7373
Kenzie

We've spent the day watching spooky movies. Watched Dog Soldiers and I think it had a Minolta Maxxum of some sort, couldn't quite make it out. My package finally arrived at WYC today, two days late. Hoping they can evaluate them quickly and send out the camera that I want before the new lockdown kicks in late next week. No news on the Olympi that are off for repair, I don't want to hassle him for updates. Did you see that Sean Connery has died?

Old 01-11-20, 02:03 PM   #7374
yokohama

Are you trading in with WYC? I hope they do you a good deal. What are you after?
Interesting review of the Nikonos here. The results look pretty good.
https://www.35mmc.com/31/10/2020/5-f...y-luis-ortega/
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 02:11 PM   #7375
Kenzie

I'm after a Nikon F2 chrome body, they have taken it off the site for the moment but hoping to get the deal done before the new lockdown kicks in. Sent them a Yashica T3 and an OM10, got a rough price back in September but it hinges on an in the hand inspection. I think I've read that review before, not sure if I trust mine in the water. How do the upcoming rules affect you lot?

Last edited by Kenzie; 01-11-20 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-11-20, 08:08 PM   #7376
yokohama

You should be OK. The shop might close but they'll keep the mail order/internet side open.
New rules don't really affect me. A continuation of the 'same old' but I'm getting fed up of it all and the total Government incompetence. What about you? Will you be able to keep working?
I still need to get my black and white films processed, and I've a few more to shoot. Wondering whether to send them off or wait and invest in a tank and some processing gear. I reckon I should break even after about 8 films.
Old 01-11-20, 08:19 PM   #7377
Kenzie

That's good, too far to pop in anyway! I should still be able to work, our Welsh depots stayed open but on a collection only basis. Will find out tomorrow hopefully. I found it a good experience to develop my own black and white film, I would suggest getting the Massive Dev Chart app if you do. Has a list of times and temps for lots of films, had a built in timer and temp conversion chart. I've only got the one roll of C41 waiting at the moment, will wait until I have a few more before sending off as it works out better value for return postage. I'm about halfway through a roll in a Canon Sureshot A1 at the mo, it's my daily carry for my work bag.

Old 02-11-20, 07:26 PM   #7378
yokohama

What do you reckon? It's got pretty much everything I need to start and should do 6-8 films?
https://www.firstcall-photographic.c...p7291#prodtabs
Old 02-11-20, 08:05 PM   #7379
Kenzie

Seems to have everything, only thing I cannot see is Stop. Usually used between dev and fix. You might need something to store the chemicals in when not in use, I use one litre bottles. And I picked up a measuring jug to pour the chemicals back into between steps. I've not used Adox, I stuck to Ilford ID11, stop and rapid fixer.

https://shop.silverprint.co.uk/Teten.../2756/TETFCSP/

Struck a deal with WYC and should have the F2 in a couple of days, also got an SRT101b and an Olympus 75-150 from the outlet section too. Still tempted to find a Pentax Spotmatic with a Takumar lens at some point.

Last edited by Kenzie; 02-11-20 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-11-20, 09:57 PM   #7380
yokohama

I can get some stop bath if I need it. The silverprint kit is a little misleading. The pic shows a tank and extras but the text says chems only. We have plenty of plastic bottles and measuring jugs are less than a quid in the local discount store. I might give it a go.
That's a nice set of goodies from WYC. F2 is a solid camera. There are plenty of cheap Spotmatics about but reasonably priced Takumars are much harder to find.