SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

View Poll Results: Do you want to take part and relay the camera?
Yes 34 89.47%
No 3 7.89%
Keith_D 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-09-12, 07:57 PM   #101
aaron020873

Default Re: An experiment, would you be up for taking part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenjer View Post
Think he means posting them into a thread? Could be wrong tho... (and I havent re-read all of this thread to find out the plans for the photos!)
Thanks fenjer that is what I meant.
It's been a long time since I posted a photo on here.
Old 26-09-12, 07:54 AM   #102
Brettus

Camera will be handed over on Friday, had to have a "rain check" yesterday with Nobby, sorry, things changed my end.
Friday will happen no matter what, I can't do it sooner because of work commitments but once it is out there it should flow a bit better as people can arrange between themselves.

Re the posting of images, the latest suggestion is e-mailing them to an email address that has been created for this project and then Stuuk1 or myself will post them to a hosting account and send you the links back so that everyones post should be consistent. It also means everyone can post their own images so that their avatar and username are associated with the pictures they took (and should make it as simple as possible for everyone getting the camera)
It will also give a single link to browse the entire gallery which would be beneficial also.

Is everyone OK with e-mailing or do we have any other suggestions? (of course if anyone is struggling they can hand the camera over and ask the next person to send their pictures in.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-12, 07:04 PM   #103
Bibio
Mega Poster

can i ask that you don't use facebook as i don't have an account nor wish to have one. thanks
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-12, 07:08 PM   #104
Thunderace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
can i ask that you don't use facebook as i don't have an account nor wish to have one. thanks
Same here!
Old 26-09-12, 07:49 PM   #105
pookie

sorry if this has been posted before but what route will the camera be travelling? Assuming its 5days per person and there is approx 49 peeps then I imagine it will be about a year before number 49 gets it? or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future

Last edited by pookie; 26-09-12 at 07:53 PM.
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-12, 09:01 PM   #106
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Can my turn be in summer please
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-12, 09:07 PM   #107
Stuuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
sorry if this has been posted before but what route will the camera be travelling? Assuming its 5days per person and there is approx 49 peeps then I imagine it will be about a year before number 49 gets it? or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
That will no doubt get delayed too... No rush after all, everyone will get their turn eventually. Once it gets around a few people and we have the picture thread up and running it should be interesting!

I've thought about it and have absolutely no idea what I'd take a picture of anyway.
Old 27-09-12, 08:13 AM   #108
Brettus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
Me neither so you are safe, It'll be something public like photobucket for posting in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
Yep, it could be out there for some time I'm afraid, but on the plus side, it will mean some people get nicer weather to exchange it I'm sure some will be done with it quicker but there needs to be a "reasonable" time frame for having it, playing with it, taking your pictures and then handing it on to the next person.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
Old 28-09-12, 11:58 AM   #109
aaron020873

I'm happy with emailing pics will be easier for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 28-09-12, 06:08 PM   #110
Brettus

Right! the game is afoot! I've handed the camera over to (a very patient and accommodating) Mark (NobbyLad).

I'd been rubbish, I hadn't got a working bike (bat flattery, doh!) and I hadn't even taken my pictures!

Anyway, camera is now out in the wild, I'll let Mark work out what to do about selecting the next user, either his choice or posting to let people propose a meet up.

One other thing that came out of it was if you are handing over the camera in person then a 6th picture is allowed, one of the meeting orgers.

Thanks for all the support and enthusiasm, I'll get the map updated (and corrected where appropriate) this weekend.
Quote: