SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-09-08, 09:27 PM   #1
Frank

Default What process do you go through before making a thread

I was at work today thinking about a new thread and wondered who else does this.Do you sit for hours formulating a plan or do you just blrb it out.
Some people like XXbadgerXX put lots of thought into it and must take hours over their plan,other people mostly just make threads about rubbish ,and some people seem to troll the web for hours looking for things to say.
So are you a random threader or a calculated threader.
The same could go for posts as well
Old 19-09-08, 09:43 PM   #2

Default Re: What process do you go through before making a thread

blurb....
Old 19-09-08, 09:46 PM   #3

sorry... actually I usualy do the same as you, I will sit and think about what to type, how to politically phrase it, and if i will actually or someone else might gain from the thread.

this thread has effectivly has no entity as it is a thread about itself, it hurts my brain talking about a thread you have thought about formulating and have now posted a thread about the thread you might have been thinking about, unless you were thinking about asking ppl how they think about starting a thread and in that case... ur either drunk.. or looking to confuse me..

either way..

good effort..
Old 19-09-08, 10:13 PM   #4
TonyS

Smile Re: What process do you go through before making a thread

Sometimes I think about it.

Sometimes I just type and go.
Old 19-09-08, 10:21 PM   #5
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
sorry... actually I usualy do the same as you, I will sit and think about what to type, how to politically phrase it, and if i will actually or someone else might gain from the thread.

this thread has effectivly has no entity as it is a thread about itself, it hurts my brain talking about a thread you have thought about formulating and have now posted a thread about the thread you might have been thinking about, unless you were thinking about asking ppl how they think about starting a thread and in that case... ur either drunk.. or looking to confuse me..

either way..

good effort..
Aim to please
Old 19-09-08, 10:48 PM   #6
xXBADGERXx

Actually I just sit down , hit the "New Topic" button and just go for it , my mind just spills this stuff out in a torrent , very rarely does much thought go into it
Old 20-09-08, 02:00 AM   #7
monkey

I'm the same as Tony S. Sometimes I think of something during the day and I might eventually post about it days later. I've got to say though that I might put a lock on my keyboard connected to a breathaliser. I'm forever deleting posts or editing them after posting while on the sauce. Saying that some of my best stuff is done after a few too many!
Old 20-09-08, 06:07 AM   #8
Stig

I normally only post replies to existing threads. But on occasions it has been known for me to start my own. Normally this is when I am rather sozzled so ends up a bit embarrassing the following day, following all the links to the replies of threads I do not remember starting.
Old 20-09-08, 12:12 PM   #9
northwind
Mega Poster

I just wait til I'm sufficiently bored at work, then post "What would win in a fight, a gorilla in a suit of armour or an armadillo with spikes"
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-08, 01:05 PM   #10
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
I just wait til I'm sufficiently bored at work, then post "What would win in a fight, a gorilla in a suit of armour or an armadillo with spikes"
Id say it was the guy that put the armour on said gorilla