SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-04-24, 07:53 PM   #371
redtrummy

Default Re: The Veg Plot.

Ground still cold here. Soil very heavy so I have planted loads of seeds in pots in the utility room hoping things will get warmer, placed in a large box with a tray heater underneath. onions shallots have been set outside and the last years planted garlic going strong. However the earth is too heavy to turn. I could not keep on top of the garden last year so it now needs digging as twitch has taken over
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-24, 09:22 PM   #372
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Veg Plot.

I now have a bench full of pots with sprouting seeds in my greenhouse. At long last my tomato seeds have germinated. I'm going to need a day spent potting stuff on shortly.

I started pulling compost out of my oldest pallet compost bin this afternoon, and mulched one of my raised beds, both greenhouse beds, and piled a load up around my rhubarb. I shall leave the worms to do the work of incorporating it into the soil for me. Hopefully I can get the rest of the beds mulched over the next few days.

Everything is starting to sprout like mad now. My elephant garlic is now showing above ground. A few more sunny days and it'll take off.

I'm still eating last years garden produce from the freezer and have also been eating the re-awakened swiss chard as well as purple sprouting, and white sprouting broccoli. The leaves off the broccoli make tasty greens too, and my red russian kale is still giving my a small harvest. I'm hoping to have even more produce over the next twelve months as I now have the beds properly organised and a functioning greenhouse.

Last edited by garynortheast; 12-04-24 at 09:27 PM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote