SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-05-20, 08:10 PM   #11
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Paddock stand

I don't know if Harris still do paddock stands, but I've got one and it's way better than the Micron ones, also the ones where the hooks just dangle are a pain.
Here they are, mine's the first one on the list:
https://www.harris-performance.com/p...addock-stands/
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 01:27 PM   #12
Sean_Morgan

Well, I've had a look and a think about it and ive ordered the abba stand with the front lift kit

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Sean_Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 02:00 PM   #13
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_Morgan View Post
Well, I've had a look and a think about it and ive ordered the abba stand with the front lift kit

Good choice, once you have the basic stand you can get quite a few different kits for it....

I do find it a pain that most bikes do not come with centre stand any more, but by the time you have fitted a CAT under the bike not much room for anything else, and of course a centre stand adds to kerb weight of bike- which makers do not like ( although it is very low down weight ).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 08-05-20 at 02:01 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 02:35 PM   #14
Sean_Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Good choice, once you have the basic stand you can get quite a few different kits for it....
I'll add the moto glide and the swing arm removal kit at some point

Old 12-05-20, 03:58 PM   #15
Sean_Morgan

The abba stand arrived today so I'm just having a play and if I'm honest, I can see why they're worth paying a bit extra for

Old 12-05-20, 04:35 PM   #16
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Nice one, the stand does make it easy to lift the bike up. I have marked the place on the lower crossbar where the sliding vertical ( on side opposite the lift handle ) sits, a black permanent marker pen line each side of the sliding square tube you can just see peeping from behind rear tyre. It makes it easier to set up when you put it onto bike next time. Don't be too aggressive tightening the screwed bit that goes into swingarm too much as it tries to bend the uprights and can cause weld in corner of uprights to crack - one member on here ( Think it was AdamEf ) got his mate to weld a couple of gussets in because the welds cracked.

I have put a couple of brackets on garage wall to hang stand on - nothing fancy just something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/ST7004B-Mul...9301204&sr=8-5

Can slip some of the cheap foam pipe insulation over the horizontal bar on bracket to stop the paint on stand getting chipped or the stand sliding.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 12-05-20 at 04:40 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 05:08 PM   #17
Sean_Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Nice one, the stand does make it easy to lift the bike up. I have marked the place on the lower crossbar where the sliding vertical ( on side opposite the lift handle ) sits, a black permanent marker pen line each side of the sliding square tube you can just see peeping from behind rear tyre. It makes it easier to set up when you put it onto bike next time.

Marking it up was mentioned on one of the reviews I watched before purchase. I went round with the permanent marker before I put it away, but thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look at the hangers

Old 13-05-20, 07:15 AM   #18
shiftin_gear98

Two cents.
I used insulation tape to hold the mounting adapters into the cups.

Once I got distracted by my kids as I was finishing up working on the bike, I failed to notice until I next needed to use the stand that the offside adapter must have stayed in the bike.
Alas it is road fodder somewhere.

I made another at work and have had them taped in ever since - this was a few years ago now.

As mentioned - you barely have to tighten the screw when fitting - shes not going to fall out.
Also mark up where the rear lift needs to be if you haven't already.

I also have the tyre fitting kit too.
Old 13-05-20, 05:38 PM   #19
Sean_Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Two cents.
I used insulation tape to hold the mounting adapters into the cups.

Once I got distracted by my kids as I was finishing up working on the bike, I failed to notice until I next needed to use the stand that the offside adapter must have stayed in the bike.
Alas it is road fodder somewhere.
I'll sort that next time it's out. Thanks for the tip