SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-11-12, 03:26 PM   #1
Daniel Louis

Default Thermometer on SV?

Hi All,

I want to add a thermometer to the SV as I commute all year round unless it's going to be icy or snowing - however I'd like to add the thermometer for late evenings so I know if there is a chance of ice on the roads.

i was thinking about something like this but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas or has done this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-LC...item415f7af34b
Old 27-11-12, 05:41 PM   #2
saucysaunders

Default Re: Digital thermometer

I suppose you could stick that pretty much anywhere.
Would be able to see it in the dark though... Maybe one with a back light would be better?

Bit of a gimmic though perhaps, I mean, if it's cold, there might be ice. You don't really need a thermometer for that.

But for 2 quid, why not!

Last edited by saucysaunders; 27-11-12 at 05:44 PM.
Old 27-11-12, 05:44 PM   #3
Runako

Default Re: Digital thermometer

The breath test has always worked for me . And if you're already travelling and the temp drops, are you gonna stop? I think you can generally tell if its starts to ice up. In which case just adjust the riding. Otherwise I wouldn't rely solely on a Thermo.
Old 27-11-12, 08:15 PM   #4
MJC-DEV

Default Re: Thermometer on SV?

I tried to do the same using a similar Ebay unit, but at that price it was cheap Chinese crap and fell apart after 2 rides. In the end I used a better quality IP54 splash proof unit from Lascar:

http://www.lascarelectronics.com/tem...datalogger=113

This only needs two wires for power and fits nicely in the head light adjustment hole.