SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 28-08-12, 05:49 PM   #1
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default warm Turkey-SLAG ROMP

SV650 Likes A Good Ride Out Mr President

Dedicated thread to chat about previous, past and present ride outs.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-12, 06:18 PM   #2
Thunderace

Default Re: warm Turkey-SLAG ROMP

Blandford and back again! A Bikers Tale....
This afternoon after our bijou rideout and just before the pub meet, I received a distress call from a workmate who is on a course in Blandford but forgot to take his uniform (numpty), his wife has the car here so he couldn't come to get it and she is 8 1/2 months pregnant so didn't seem fair to make her drive, so I being the kind hearted chap that I am convinced Mrs Ace I should take him his uniform on the bike.

So 88 miles there.
Plus 88 miles back.

An interesting Sunday evening?

Well the route.......

M3 boring, A303 better, A343 nice, A345 nomnomnomnom.

Departed Aldershot just before 2000, stopped at Tesco to top up.
Towards Camberley onto M3 (boring), thought to myself "save fuel stick to 80ish", but then the inevitable happened, someone overtook me! So red mist and some triple figures later I was on the 303 (better), "right off the Motorway now must save fuel"! Guess what, that's correct another bugger went past, red mist and some triple figures later onto the 343 (nice), nice swoopy bends interspersed with short straights, proper litre bike territory so screaming along like my hair was on fire, I found myself quickly in Salisbury, around the ring road and onto the 345 to Blandford (nomnomnomnom), now as Fallout and Daddyjob will vouch I don't know that road at all and would certainly not exceed any speed limits, so about 10 minutes later I was in Blandford, a quick blast up Black Lane and I was at the camp gates, time check 2122.

Hmm I thought not bad quicker than I thought!

So a quick smoke and a chat and I was off, time check 2149.

By this time it was dark "bugger me" I thought, "the headlights on this thing are worse than a candle in a jam jar"!

Set off down Black lane, onto the bypass towards the 345 (nomnomnomnom) approaching the roundabout thinking "no more street lamps, its gonna be dark out there", when a red BMW emerges from my left cuts me up on the roundabout and launches itself down the 345 (nomnomnomnom), aha methinks that is not as fast as this, so the Ace was launched quick on the heels of said BMW, and you know what? It was marvellous, whoever it was can sure handle a cage, they barely dipped below a ton all the way to Salisbury, and there was no oncoming traffic so his/her main beams lit the road like electric daylight, so I sat on its tail all the way into Salisbury, happy to be able to see the tarmac.
Around the ring road onto the 343 (nice) and blow me if I didn't end up behind a Rangerover Sport doing the same as the BMW, granted he/she was a bit sluggish on the bends but still near on a ton all the way to the 303 (not so nice), once on the 303 (not so nice) lots more traffic so lots of light, time to make progress, bombed past the Rangerover and settled for a speed that shall remain nameless (no more than 35mph), and the Rangerover caught me up and had the cheek to beep, so red mist and a couple of minutes, I lost the Rangerover and was on the M3 (boring), not far to go now feck it lets pin it!

So some burnt oil and some serious vibration later I was 4 miles from Fleet Services, bloody fuel light, so into the services for a splash and dash and on to Aldershot, into the driveway, bike off, time check 2310.

176 miles, 2 hours 43 minutes riding, 19 litres of fuel plus the top up at Fleet, fuel saving failed, big smile on face, Sunday evening well spent!
Old 28-08-12, 06:21 PM   #3
Thunderace

The Bijou rideout Sunday was quite entertaining, what with myself and Ad nearly dying, and Ad doing an Alan Tichmarsh impression on the return leg!
Old 28-08-12, 07:04 PM   #4
Spank86

Somewhat typically fallout didn't brink his camera.

Cameras are the death of fun.
Old 28-08-12, 07:15 PM   #5
Fallout
Mega Poster

I'll bring it to the next one then, but the requirements are: a) we plan to go on a good wiggly roads, and b) all three of the lunatic trio are there. Then it shall be packed.

Edit: Next time it's dry we do the back of Loomies route Ad. Nathan will literally soil his pants when he does that.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-12, 07:16 PM   #6
Spank86

Can do, I'll not be issuing any warnings this time though.
Old 28-08-12, 07:18 PM   #7
Fallout
Mega Poster

I'll inform the Aldershot funeral home.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-12, 07:30 PM   #8
Thunderace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
I'll bring it to the next one then, but the requirements are: a) we plan to go on a good wiggly roads, and b) all three of the lunatic trio are there. Then it shall be packed.

Edit: Next time it's dry we do the back of Loomies route Ad. Nathan will literally soil his pants when he does that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank86 View Post
Can do, I'll not be issuing any warnings this time though.
The more nadgery the better!
Old 28-08-12, 08:34 PM   #9
DJ123
Mega Poster

On going around this route, motorists behind you may see different bikes in different trees. I'm going to pick a point and wait with my camera

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-12, 08:47 PM   #10
Spank86

Don't you want to test your new shock?