SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-01-09, 03:18 PM   #41
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Official "what you doing this weekend" thread - sponsored by jack frost nipping at your nose

It's going well so far, three drink drivers locked up last night.

Plenty of sleep too, only been awake an hour, so feeling tip-top!

Have fun all,

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 03:31 PM   #42
ogden
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Official "what you doing this weekend" thread - sponsored by jack frost nipping at your nose

Friday night, impromptu booze-up with workmates, getting home just in time to catch the mrs still awake and grumpy.

Saturday, taking the GSXR out for a spin to top up the battery. No plans for tonight.

Sunday, probably trundling round to a mate's to experience the terror that is a sidecar outfit doing 100mph.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 03:35 PM   #43
kwak zzr

i doing nuffffffin sat/sun or monday
Old 10-01-09, 10:11 PM   #44
Lou M

This morning left the house on the DRZ at 8.15!!! I must be mad, but Mr Lou had booked his Transalp service at 8.30. We were a bit late due to the choke sticking because of ice! Then managed to get up to 100 miles on the bike.

Tomorrow going to ride up to the Malverns, coffee at British Camp, before riding back.

Oh it's good to be riding again in winter...

Last edited by Lou M; 10-01-09 at 10:19 PM. Reason: .
Old 11-01-09, 08:16 AM   #45
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Lou, I hope you enjoy riding up the camp, It's gorgeous up there! It's years since I was up there, I think I may have to go next time I go home.

Meanwhile, I had even more fun last night, another drink driver bites the dust and I had a beltin' 110mph car chase through Salford! Car went in a burglary a few days before, brand spankin' new Golf GTi. Sh1ts chunking bricks at me as we went along, only one detained though. Poo 'cos three got away. Win some, loose some eh?

Happy days!

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 09:09 AM   #46
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post
Meanwhile, I had even more fun last night, another drink driver bites the dust and I had a beltin' 110mph car chase through Salford! Car went in a burglary a few days before, brand spankin' new Golf GTi. Sh1ts chunking bricks at me as we went along, only one detained though. Poo 'cos three got away. Win some, loose some eh?
Talk about living life dangerously
Old 11-01-09, 02:19 PM   #47
ogden
Mega Poster

It seems what I'll mostly be doing today is absolute nothing, having slept far too late to get my backside out of town to play.

Ho hum.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 03:22 PM   #48
Stig

Late but so what.

Friday evening I did some work from home.

Saturday I did nothing special. Saturday evening the family went rollerskating.

Sunday morning I went for a 10k road race. This afternoon chilling out.
Old 11-01-09, 03:43 PM   #49
Alpinestarhero

I rumbled to brighton yesterday to get my passport for mine and maria;s trip to norway/finland next week. We went into brighton town to get some bits and bobs. I talked with my old man about engines and stuff (I had some questions I wanted answers to) and then we both got all dreamy about summer days on the honda VFR. Rode home today, cleaned bike.

Also, I have been on-and-off preparing my first problem session for the Post graduate students in my lab. Each week a person writes a sheet of problems and we have to solve them (chemical problems...if you take X, use 1, 2 and 3, you get Y...but what is actualy going on?)

I hope it goes down well and is somewhat challenging for everyone.
Old 11-01-09, 07:11 PM   #50
Lou M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post
Lou, I hope you enjoy riding up the camp, It's gorgeous up there! It's years since I was up there, I think I may have to go next time I go home.
Had a great rid up there today, got the bike very mucky. Lots of cyclists who had been off road.

DRZ is so good to ride.
Pete, if you get home on the bike give us a shout and we'll meet up there.

Cheers
Lou