SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-03-08, 03:50 PM   #31
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: F1 Racing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare View Post
That's true but if you were in a strugling team and Ross Brawn came along and offered his input, you'd be pretty excited. Look how he and Todt brought forward Ferrari's development from a rubbish car to a winning car.
True, but I wander how successful they would have been without Schumacher to work with. I dont think the turn round at Ferrari was purely down to RB or JT, it had a lot to do with MS as well ( Supervox will now shoot me )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare View Post
I miss the good ol days with slicks, V10's, no driver aids, and one qualifying session.
Nah turbo's with no fuel or boost restrictions were much better

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-08, 04:02 PM   #32
glsuk1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
To right, wow I'm not jealous, no, not at all, not even a tiny weeny bit

NOT !!
Me neither!!

Quote:
As for Button, well I think if he's not careful he is destined to be the next DC. They were talking the other week about him signed for Honda for another 2 or 3 years. I know he is loyal but he needs IMHO to look around and see what else is available, I cant see them turning that car around quickly. I'd be looking to get out if it were me.

Winning one race, does not a champion make IMHO.
I suspect that Button has his fingers tightly crossed that Ross Brawn can make enough difference in the team for this season to avoid a repeat of 2007 but he's probably also hoping that next years car will be more towards the front of the grid, what with the introduction of new car design regulations having the potential to level the playing field.

Brawn has gone on record recently saying that this years car design is an interim design and largely, only developments that will help the '09 car will be introduced to this years model.

I hope Honda reward his patience and eventually give him a competitive car
(not too competitive, mind - don't want him being quicker than the McLarens ). He's been an absolute professional despite some appalling qualifying and race performances (not because of anything he's done, mind) and his talent and loyalty deserves nothing less.
Old 05-04-08, 10:00 PM   #33
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

So can Kubica turn his poll into a win tomorrow, will Massa stay on the track, what will hamilton do from a 2nd row start... is Kimi the dark horse...

Old 06-04-08, 09:26 AM   #34
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

I don't think that the BMW will have the 'race pace' to match the Ferraris (unfortunately) - I genuinely believe it will be wonderful when we have 3 (maybe even 4, 5 or 6 if Williams, Renault & Honda can get their acts together) teams genuinely fighting for the championship - along with possibly 12 drivers !!

I'd also be very interested (along with the entire pitlane) to know the fuel situation - especially regarding KR, LH & FM.

I don't tend to make predictions - there are too many variables to make it anything other than a guess - but, I think RK will get off the line well (assuming he has a very light fuel load) and that FM & LH will have some sort of 'ding-dong' at the first corner with LH coming out ahead in 2nd place - possibly allowing KR to overtake FM as well into 3rd.

As for the final result - well, we'll have to see !!
Old 06-04-08, 11:37 AM   #35
chakraist

Spoiler

Old 06-04-08, 01:57 PM   #36
glsuk1970

Two words. Alonso. Dirty.

I'm sulking now so I'm not going to post anything about the race until I've cheered up

Having said that I would like to mention that I think Alonso is a **** (rhymes with hat).

That is all. For now.
Old 08-04-08, 11:39 AM   #37
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

So much for my prediction then !!!

But, then again I did say that there are too many variables to be certain - such as a driver not hitting the anti-stall button, or a driver not accelerating quite as hard as he might in order to draw another car into the back of him !!

I guess the only remotely reasonable thing about the result (from a LH fan's point of view) is that the 10 points went to Massa & not Raikkonen.

O well, it's still very early in the season - & it is gonna be fun watching 3, 4 or even 5 drivers in the hunt for the Championship !!
Old 08-04-08, 01:19 PM   #38
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox View Post
or a driver not accelerating quite as hard as he might in order to draw another car into the back of him !!
Oh controversial !!!

From what I've read, it appears that Mclaren think that LH front wing broke before he hit the back of FA. When the wing broke, downforce lost, drag reduced so that car unexpectedly sped up. Coupled with the fact that FA looked to me like he was struggling with traction and that LH got a better drive off the corner meant contact.

Renault released telemetry that showed that FA had his foot flat down on the floor when LH hit the back of him...

Old 08-04-08, 08:24 PM   #39
chakraist

Regardless, Alonso is still dirty.
Old 09-04-08, 07:10 AM   #40
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Oh controversial !!!

From what I've read, it appears that Mclaren think that LH front wing broke before he hit the back of FA. When the wing broke, downforce lost, drag reduced so that car unexpectedly sped up. Coupled with the fact that FA looked to me like he was struggling with traction and that LH got a better drive off the corner meant contact.

Renault released telemetry that showed that FA had his foot flat down on the floor when LH hit the back of him...
Whilst I pretty much agree with you - and I'll admit I was hoping to get a bite from someone over the comment - I'll never accept team produced telemetry as 'evidence' unless it's seen at the moment of the event.