SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-04-08, 05:55 PM   #41
thedonal

Default Re: F1 Racing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox View Post
So much for my prediction then !!!

O well, it's still very early in the season - & it is gonna be fun watching 3, 4 or even 5 drivers in the hunt for the Championship !!
In all fairness, despite the slowish start that let Massa (spit, spit...!) get past him, he did keep pace with the Fiats for the duration of the race- he's a great driver and the BMW's pace is far better this year. He's also making Heidfeld- himself a very skilled driver- look positively shabby this year!

Go Kubica! (you can see where my loyalty lies!)

I personally hope that Alonso get's Massa's seat soon- why Massa was given a contract until 2009, I don't know. He only wins when he's on pole- ie with a clear track in front of him, mainly due to a very fast car. His lack of skill for his status has been clear from the first 2 races of the season and from his past lack of ability in traffic.

It will be good to get F1 back on the beeb- agreed on ITV's over coverage of the Hamiltons (how does his dad get so much air-time? It strikes me as a bit of an odd setup overall).

Let's just hope the commentary is good, it's broadcast in 16:9 (not common for BBC) and there's none of that soapy nonsense with Lewis and Haikke passing time on a sofa pr exercises again.

And I'd really love to see Buttons fortunes improve again- he's a very likeable chap and his commitment and team manner is very respectable.
Old 26-04-08, 06:25 PM   #42
andyb

Anyone watch the qualifying? One thinks Alonso may be running a bit light! I don't think Lewis is that happy with the car at the moment. I watched GP2 this afternoon too, I wish F1 had the same level of action, they were coming off the track everywhere!
Old 26-04-08, 06:32 PM   #43
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

I hope that the McLarens weren't running a light fuel load - if they were then they're screwed !!

Unfortunately, I think that the Ferrari's are gonna run away with this one - with possibly FA in the mix (home track and all that as 'inspiration').

I think the best that LH can wish for - assuming we have a straightforward race - is 3rd.

First time I've seen the 'Dumbo Ears' wings on the Honda - God they make the car look ugly !! Roll on next season when all added appendages will be banned.
Old 27-04-08, 07:33 AM   #44
glsuk1970

Should be a good race today with the top half of the grid so tightly packed together but there'll have been some head scratching in the McLaren camp last night... fifth and sixth?? Could they be missing the input of an experienced F1 driver when setting up the car, I wonder?

With Alonso on a light fuel load, he could quite easily be ahead into the first corner but I hope Raikkonen or even Kubica gets there first. Hamilton will be fired up for a good start after his effort 3 weeks ago and Webber is usually a quick starter too.

Not long to go now!
Old 27-04-08, 12:32 PM   #45
Flamin_Squirrel

What the... why have they fecked the track up? I do hate this insistence on ruining circuits by adding chicanes for 'safety' reasons.
Old 27-04-08, 03:52 PM   #46
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
What the... why have they fecked the track up? I do hate this insistence on ruining circuits by adding chicanes for 'safety' reasons.
That was part of the Poison Dwarf's 'directive' - playing on the safety angle, but in reality just slowing the cars down at certain points so that the sponsors names could be seen thus turning the cars into slow moving mobile advertising hoardings !!!
Old 27-04-08, 05:04 PM   #47
Flamin_Squirrel

Well, he looks about 157, so fingers cross he'll simply expire soon.
Old 27-04-08, 06:28 PM   #48
thedonal

Was a dramatic race- I'm relieved to see Heikki get away relatively unscathed. A few offs today again and- oh look- more incidents around David Coultard. Surely the Lantern Jawed Win Dodger should be getting the message by now....
Old 27-04-08, 06:40 PM   #49
chakraist

David Coulthard's jaw is indeed very large... perhaps this is the reason he is involved in so many incidents?
Old 27-04-08, 08:42 PM   #50
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Heikki's accident was VERY scary !!

I can't believe (but am very pleased) that he escaped with a concussion & a bruised arm.