SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-06-09, 09:04 PM   #1
mike_avfc

Default BMW X3 - is it a Girls car ?

Hi All,

I'm currently debating buying a silver X3 M Sport, this would be predominantly used by my wife but i would like to take it to work now and then. She currently has a Golf and i have a 320d M Sport. She likes mine a lot so we agreed (in principal) that a X3 would make sense for her as we both like it.

I have mentioned it to a few people who seem to "imply" that it's "stricly a girly car and a blokes car is the X5". I'm not keen on the X5, too big.

Is this most peoples opinion as i'm thinking of buying it within the next week ??

Thanks o'mighty org..
Old 19-06-09, 09:06 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: BMW X3 - is it a Girls car ?

i agree with what you say above but i do like the X3 its a good car.
Old 19-06-09, 09:11 PM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

yuck...

The question as to whether its girlie or not is secondary to the one of what on earth even made you begin to think of buying said vehicle in the first place....

I wouldnt, but then I wouldnt buy an X5 either, fricken pretend off roaders both of them.

I'd be inclined to take no notice of me though, if you and the missus like it then go for it, Also I'm currently driving about in a Ford Maverick so what I do know about vehicle asethetics !!!

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-09, 09:11 PM   #4
Happy J

Can't see what the issue is BMW's are great Cars. people say the same about the Z4 but i would definatly drive the M version of that.

As you already have a BMW you know what you get. A bloody good car whatever it is.

And as you say you are not using it all the time.

If you can by the 330D or 335d they are both seriously quick but good MPG.

Good shoping

jason

Last edited by Happy J; 19-06-09 at 09:19 PM.
Old 19-06-09, 09:12 PM   #5
Balky001
Mega Poster

if you like it then get it. I like the Fiat 500 which I'm sure some would consider girly. 1 thing, I don't get 4x4 'sport' versions, especially the RR HSE Sport, yuck.

X3 is a nice car and I don't think has a girly tag in particular although if you can get one with colour coded bumpers then they look much better imo
Old 19-06-09, 09:14 PM   #6
-Ralph-

Yes, definately.

It's for girls who think an X5 is too big for them.
Old 19-06-09, 09:17 PM   #7
mike_avfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
yuck...

The question as to whether its girlie or not is secondary to the one of what on earth even made you begin to think of buying said vehicle in the first place....
when i had the prang in the passatt last year they gave me a 4X4 subaru and the driving position was fantastic. i just didn't like the mpg or the interior.

I've had my fair share of cars in the past and BMW is the only make i've always liked and never complained about (found them better than the Mercedes i had after my first BMW)
Old 19-06-09, 09:26 PM   #8
krhall

buy her a new overfinch range rover you tight git!!!
Old 19-06-09, 09:33 PM   #9
Jamiebridges123

Nothing wrong with an X3..
Old 19-06-09, 09:36 PM   #10
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_avfc View Post
I've had my fair share of cars in the past and BMW is the only make i've always liked and never complained about (found them better than the Mercedes i had after my first BMW)
I like BMW's in general I just dont like the X3 it doesnt look proportioned properly and I think its ugly. I dont like the 1 series BMW's either same reason, the shapes all wrong and it looks all squashed up at the back and dont get me started on the monstrosity that is the 3 series compact...

full sized 3 series, 5 series or my favourite the 6 series I really like though.

If you and the missus like it, then go for it...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote