SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-12-09, 11:59 PM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default PS3 Slim - 120 vs 250GB

I've decided i'm deffo gonna buy one. But which one now is the quandry.

i ave no idea why i would need the a bigger HD capacity, is it simply to store all my blu-ray films, music etc on or is it gonna affect gameplay in some way too?

Can anyone edumacate me on this?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-09, 12:02 AM   #2
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Default Re: PS3 Slim - 120 vs 250GB

You cant store blu ray movies on it. you can store divx's and the like though.
I have a 250gb, its ages old and only about 20 gig full. so I dunno why the drives are so big. Oh, hang on, you can now download movies from the playstation store, (at more than it costs to rent from blockbusters), maybe thats why
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-09, 12:03 AM   #3
zsv650

more space obvioouuuuuusly on psn you have dlc too store and the movie store also their version of live's arcade game's plus game install's all take's space.
Old 29-12-09, 12:22 AM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

so if i dont plan to download any movies or buy games online t download to the console i really wont need all that space will i?
Its just that the 120GB is about £40 less and that is the price of the COD2, and none of the bundles come with COD2 of course but rubbish like little big planet etc.

Plan to spend no more than £250, anyone know of any good deals out there?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 29-12-09, 12:24 AM   #5
zsv650

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...p?platform=PS3 gameplay are great ive had a couple of consoles of them take your pick.
Old 29-12-09, 12:24 AM   #6
tigersaw
Mega Poster

they were £199 at sainsburys before xmas. No reason to say that price can't be matched again in the sales
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-09, 12:37 AM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

keep em coming gang, thanks for the advice so far btw
Old 29-12-09, 05:01 PM   #8
Vindaloo

Also, with PS3 games, when you first play them, they install a largeish section to the hard drive to help with load times, so you may find that you're copying 3-4GB onto the HDD each time you buy a new game.

Personally, I'd think that 120 is loads. I still find that 20GB on my XBOX is manageable, though they don't need installs.

I think that Currys are advertising some kind of PS3 deal on the telly at the moment, but can't find a link for you.

Adrian
Vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-09, 05:07 PM   #9
Specialone

Spidey, i have one of the original 80 gb ps3's, i dont store much on there tbh but i have hardly used any of the hard drive's capacity.
I have had it 2 years now.

Phil
Ps. hurry up and get one, otherwise you'll have too much catching up to do
Old 29-12-09, 05:17 PM   #10
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

well sainsburys have put the price back up to £249 for the slim console and plenty other places are doing a deal for £249 and thats a console and 1 game that no one really wants of course. What a surprise.