SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-06-06, 02:11 PM   #31
Amanda M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss
I cannot believe that nobody has posted

The Green Wing

and

The Smoking Room
Both great programmes

I watch Top Gear, Simpsons, MythBusters, UKTV history and the discovery channel. Oh and hubby likes to watch Hollyoaks but I've no idea why I cannot STAND anything 'reality' or 'celebrity' It's just utter tosh
Old 01-06-06, 02:37 PM   #32
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipMac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Quote:
And Family Guy, and Futurama.

Oh yeah, Myth Busters is good too.
Oh and these but i forgot them till now. Also How Its Made (kinds like looking thru the Round window on Playschool and seeing bottles in factories. But for grown ups )
Aqua Teen Hunger Force is class spidey. They might not show it there though.

Cracks me up.
^^^

The funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. Takes a few episodes to get into, but it has me in stitches. I think it's the characterisations that are so good. The way shake always downplays his mistakes, the way frylock always trys to be a compassionate liberal father figure, Carl's tough new yorker voice and dialect.

Absolutely superb. Sealab 2021 is good too.
Old 01-06-06, 02:41 PM   #33
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Oh I missed off "The Mighty Boosh" from my list. Its f*cking ace

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 02:57 PM   #34
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh and these but i forgot them till now. Also How Its Made (kinds like looking thru the Round window on Playschool and seeing bottles in factories. But for grown ups )

Cracks me up.
Never seen it mate, but i'll keep an eye out for it. You're a man of considerable televisual taste so i'm sure if you like it, i will too.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 05:27 PM   #35
Anonymous

well my tv is still playing up. not been watching much as its all in black and white. like watching true stories about strange willies and stuff like that. its just so gross its amazing
Old 01-06-06, 05:30 PM   #36
El Saxo

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cracks me up.
Never seen it mate, but i'll keep an eye out for it. You're a man of considerable televisual taste so i'm sure if you like it, i will too.
I'll add my approval for Aqua Teen Hunger Force - absolute class. If you can find the episode about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's sheer & unadulterated genius!!

Northy - you really should delve into 24 a bit further - it's been the best thing on TV for ages, i've been hooked since series 1.

Anyone else watch QI with Stephen Fry on BBC (repeated on UKTV Gold)? Little gem of a show, plus you find out loads of quite interesting stuff that wouldn't go amiss in the 'interesting fact of the day' thread.
Old 01-06-06, 07:13 PM   #37
philipMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Saxo
I'll add my approval for Aqua Teen Hunger Force - absolute class. If you can find the episode about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's sheer & unadulterated genius!!
ha ha, the one when Carl is visited by the Cybernetic Ghost Of Christmas Past From The Future and learns that his house is built on an elfin graveyard causing his pool to fill with blood, so he tries to sell his house, and F$%CKING DANZIG buys it, and your man from Danzig keeps on dropping over to ask if they could turn up the blood a bit, until the elfin ghosts cant take it any more, and move in with the lads was a classic too.
Old 01-06-06, 07:41 PM   #38
mudge32

Mythbusters is ace except for the fact this bloke

looks like a slightly balder me AND I'M NOT GINGER honest
Old 01-06-06, 07:48 PM   #39
philipMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudge32
Mythbusters is ace except for the fact this bloke

looks like a slightly balder me AND I'M NOT GINGER honest
He is funny enough though. And not adverse to pain. Always a good TV combo.
Old 01-06-06, 07:54 PM   #40
mudge32

I don't dislike the fella It's just unfortunate for him, he looks like me

I really love any sort of engineering type programmes, SciFi or cartoons (especially Tom & Jerry )

Big Brother or Linkin Park videos will have me instantly reaching for the remote!!