SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 01-03-11, 03:30 PM   #1
WeegieBlue

Default Selling my Curvy - Advice please

Thought I'd be better posting this in here rather on the main board. If it needs moving, then mods can do their magic.

I've pretty much made my mind up to buy a GSX-r600 in the next few weeks. I've seen two that fit the bill and as they belong to a mate of a mate, I should get a decent deal on either of them. One is black and yellow and the other is in the blue rizla livery which I am quite fond of.

So, the question is what do you think I should get for my current SV? The variation on the bikes on the market just now is huge - between £500 and £1400 - so I'm looking for a wee bit of help as to where to pitch it.

It's a T reg (1999) curvy S in red with 21k on the clock, 6 months tax and MOT, ART can on plus original if the buyer wants it. I've added the seat cowl and taken away the grab handle, but both are available to go back on. I've taken off the pillion pegs and have added a custom aluminium hanger (originals kept), and have added a red double bubble screen (original kept). 2 new tyres on in October so loads of tread left. Also fitted a new battery in November so it starts great. Scotoiler is also fitted.

Used pretty much every day through the winter so it's a reliable runner, and never given me any trouble.

The service history is a bit patchy, as the guy before me did the work himself. It has loads of previous MOT's as well as the original toolkit and the user manual. I had the bike serviced when I got it and again the other week for the spring and have the receipts for that.

I was thinking somewhere in the region of £1000 - does that sound about right or am I miles out here?

Cheers for your thoughts!

WB
Old 01-03-11, 04:08 PM   #2
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Selling my Curvy - Advice please

The last 3 curvy's that I know of changing hands (mine, G/F's and a mate's) all had roughly those miles, 2 had similar add-ons and one was standard, and they all ranged from between £1000 (standard one) to £1450 for the other 2, so you're maybe even a little bit cheap at that.

Personally I'd be tempted to stick it all back to as close to standard as you can, then sell the extras on either here or eBay...

Good luck!

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 04:20 PM   #3
WeegieBlue

I was considering that option too - I know curvy seat cowls are a bit hard to get hold of so that may well be swapped back. I'm just not sure whether I can be bothered putting it all back to standard.

Cheers for the help JM, very much appreciated!
Old 02-03-11, 07:01 AM   #4
Kilted Ginger

Like james said, youll get minimal cash for the extras when on the bike, stick it back to standard and sell the bling seperate. As for price.....
Depends how quick you want to sell, a bike is only worth what someone wants to pay, 1k is a decent price, you might get a bit more buy might take a while to sell, if you want 1k sell at 1200 or 1150 so you have haggle room, bikes are always more expensive up here.
Old 07-03-11, 08:47 PM   #5
kerby

What seat cowl?We may be interesred in it for the right price.

+1 for going back to standard for selling
Old 07-03-11, 10:42 PM   #6
WeegieBlue

It's a pyramid one I think. Here's a pic:

I'm really not sure whether I can be bothered putting it back to standard. It's quite a bit of effort and I'm not sure the rewards make it worthwhile. The only things I've done is add this, change the stock screen to a red MRA one (not sure it would even sell on it's own) and remove the pillion pegs for an exhaust hanger instead. The ART can I have on it was already on so I'm not bothered about putting the stock on it as the buyer can just take it, like I did!

The previous owner added a red undertray and gave me a spare original so again, a new owner could make the call really.
Old 07-03-11, 11:15 PM   #7
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I left Dave exactly as he was. Just offered the standard items along with the sale. Thing is if you take off seat cowls and extra stuff, people have to go out and source them again, and there are those out there that want a bike with the lot already on it.
Sure maybe I could have earnt a bob or two parcelling up the extras, but i can't be arsed, taking them off and doing it.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote