SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-05-08, 05:47 PM   #11
Rhiwbina_Squirrel

Default Re: I'm a very happy bunny :)!

I'm definitely a squirrel. Was too tired when I started this thread!!

Alex
Old 01-06-08, 12:32 PM   #12
Griffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiwbina_Squirrel View Post
I think I might be too. I did the welsh three peaks yesturday. Up at 4am, top of Snowdon by 8, then Cader Idris, followed by Pen Y Fan! I didn't get home 'til 11:05pm and when I woke up this morning I couldn't move!

Alex
I've not done Pen Y Fan! Did the other two buggers, quite fun. Have you tried the horseshoe, or at least Crib Goch, north side? That's lots of fun, or at least it was when it was the first mountainy thing other than Snowdon pig trail that i'd ever tried!
Old 01-06-08, 03:38 PM   #13
Rhiwbina_Squirrel

Pen Y Fan is easy. At least, compared to the other two, it is. Incredible when the top of it's in a cloud, like it was the other day! Haven't done the horseshoe but I might give it a go sometime next year. Where abouts are you?

Alex
Old 01-06-08, 04:06 PM   #14
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffo View Post
I've not done Pen Y Fan! Did the other two buggers, quite fun. Have you tried the horseshoe, or at least Crib Goch, north side? That's lots of fun, or at least it was when it was the first mountainy thing other than Snowdon pig trail that i'd ever tried!
snowdown pig trail nice n easy compared to the miners track. we were meant to go up the pig n down the miners, sooooooo glad we did it the other way round by accident. trying to come down the miners would've been hell.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 04:10 PM   #15
thedonal

I'm gonna have to get my walking boots down to Snowdonia again at some point- mind, I'm gonna have to get them around Surrey too! Nice weekends, these days, are bike weekends!!!

I did the Watkin path 2 years ago with some mates- top few hundred feet (from the ridge up) was cloud. Ended up missing the path and going up the scree slopes in 10m visibility. Scary, knackering, but so emotional when we got to the top!

Anyway- nice one on the bike! Take it easy now!
Old 01-06-08, 04:10 PM   #16
Rhiwbina_Squirrel

I went up the pig trail and down the miners. Ouuuuch!!

Alex
Old 01-06-08, 08:30 PM   #17
Griffo

I kept meaning to do the horseshoe, I was in Aberystwyth at uni, now am in London Don't think I ever did the miners trail, more fun?

I've been thinking of doing some camping-and-climbing in Wales when I get the bike, if there's somewhere safe to plonk the bike before walking off into the usually wet unknown! If you start the horseshoe from the North-East end there's a little bit of vertical/overhang to climb up which is hilarious fun when completely unplanned for!

I miss Wales.
Old 01-06-08, 09:29 PM   #18
Rhiwbina_Squirrel

We only went down the miners. I didn't like it but, then again, I hate walking down hill. I got the impression that it was easier to walk up it than the pig track though.

Alex
Old 01-06-08, 09:49 PM   #19
Ed

Looking forward to pix of the SV
Old 01-06-08, 10:05 PM   #20
Rhiwbina_Squirrel

I've got a couple already Took 'em yesturday in the showroom. Looks great but the undertray is flippin' massive! Will get that sorted out one day.

Bloody 'ell! I haven't even got it yet and I'm planning how I'm going to change it!

Alex