SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 09-04-06, 09:02 PM   #1
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Default FAO Valleyboy... Formal Apology

Our old chum, VB, made the effort today, dug his passport out and came over to England.

OK, I made it clear that it was completley unplanned. BUT, when I spoke to him the weather was GORGEOUS, I'm sure Rich, Haxsaw and Anna will back me up. But when I left my house to meet him it was pelting down hailstone.. Uh oh.

Anyway. A trip down Burrington Coombe, the Mendips and Cheddar Gorge went ok but then it went Pete Tong when I decided to take him down the A39 to Minehead and we got stuck in crap traffic and all the roads were 40 and 50 mph roads. Again we were in hailstone and car drivers suddenly thought it was snowing or something and crawling along. It was a bit crap really.

VB, I thought that it would only be right if I gave you back your petrol money... I'm not actually going to, but it's the thought that counts

Anyway, for those that are interested, corner of the day goes to..... The Morrisons roundabout just off Jct 21 of the M5

So, what I'm trying to say is....

Sorry mate... I'm coming there next time. I'm getting to know the roads anyway so if you want a break from leading... The offers there

Stretchie

P.S. Your roads are FAR better than ours.. There... I said it..

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-06, 09:14 PM   #2
Itching 2 go

Default Re: FAO Valleyboy... Formal Apology

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stretchie_
Our old chum, VB, made the effort today, dug his passport out and came over to England.

OK, I made it clear that it was completley unplanned. BUT, when I spoke to him the weather was GORGEOUS, I'm sure Rich, Haxsaw and Anna will back me up. But when I left my house to meet him it was pelting down hailstone.. Uh oh.

Anyway. A trip down Burrington Coombe, the Mendips and Cheddar Gorge went ok but then it went Pete Tong when I decided to take him down the A39 to Minehead and we got stuck in crap traffic and all the roads were 40 and 50 mph roads. Again we were in hailstone and car drivers suddenly thought it was snowing or something and crawling along. It was a bit crap really.

VB, I thought that it would only be right if I gave you back your petrol money... I'm not actually going to, but it's the thought that counts

Anyway, for those that are interested, corner of the day goes to..... The Morrisons roundabout just off Jct 21 of the M5

So, what I'm trying to say is....

Sorry mate... I'm coming there next time. I'm getting to know the roads anyway so if you want a break from leading... The offers there

Stretchie

P.S. Your roads are FAR better than ours.. There... I said it..
what is this a forum exchange program?
Old 09-04-06, 09:31 PM   #3
valleyboy

No problems mate... Ive now done in excess of 800 miles this week.... bikes done over 19K now made a refreshing change from buzzing around the roads here... Im still lucky to be here after cheddar gorge though.... thought I'd had it at one corner not often do you have to kick the ground to stay on the bike/keep bike upright

You know how my bike sounds with no baffle now as well

several reving the bike moments all day though... had to check no one with a weak heart or carrying fragile items around first though

got back home half frozen to death... thats my lesson learnt.. when the sun is out over here, and I wear my summer stuff out... prepare for it to get colder.. and wet!

At least I took my waterproofs along..... :P
Old 09-04-06, 09:38 PM   #4
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Damnit, you beat me on the weekly milage aswel. Bugger

I added it up properly after I left you, I've done about 600 since put the new tyre on on Thursday..

I'll catch you up on the milage front soon.

Oh and that can is the muts nuts with the baffle out. Fantastic. You're going to have to let me have a go with it on my bike to see if it's any different.

Look right-> <-Look Left
Old 09-04-06, 09:56 PM   #5
valleyboy

hehehe... only need a socket set... you've already got an aftermarket can on yours though ?? with baffle out as well I think.... an Art can ?

Would let you have a go on my bike... but I think you'll kill youreself! plus I HAVE to get the fuelling sorted.... theres a flat spot in the rev range at about 6500 rpm that feels like the rear wheels about to lock up when you come down the revs.... not sucha problem going up the revs though it will catch you out if you dont expect it though...

as for the idea of getting colour coded leathers with my bike... already been thinking about it...

as for the mileage... I class it as a quiet week... now I have driving lessons on Wednesdays, my mid week buzz arounds now gone...
Old 09-04-06, 10:02 PM   #6
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

I don't mean a go on your bike mate. I meant just your can.

Bang it on my far superior, lighter, more agile, lower and FASTER bike, oh and sexy too, it's definately sexier becaue I have matching leathers, rain suit AND panniers....

Oh yeah, my can doesn't have a baffle. But when we were on the motorway I lost sight of you and couldn't see you in my PATHETIC cat mirrors but then I heard you and knew exactly where you were..

Nice

Look right-> <-Look Left
Old 09-04-06, 10:08 PM   #7
valleyboy

sure your not talking about my bike there... pretty sure mine is a tad lighter... incy wincy bit more power.... no colour coded leathers/rain suit though or panniers.. my ones are silver...

always worth a potch in agarage to see if the can will go on your bike... as long as its the same diameter pipework, not sure about how can is held on though.. need a mounting bracket (they are bike specific with Remus) and if you have spring clips on the pipe work... OR.. use botch/duct tape.. fixes everything
Old 10-04-06, 07:52 AM   #8
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: FAO Valleyboy... Formal Apology

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stretchie_
A39 to Minehead and we got stuck in crap traffic and all the roads were 40 and 50 mph roads.
Stetchie. You should have carried out through Minehead on the A39 to Lynmouth. Its a much better road than that stretch to minhead which I agree is pants and full of 40mph limits.

Keep an eye out for our friends in blue though and also in summer its fully of tourists and caravans, better on a warm summers evening I think.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 08:21 AM   #9
anna
Mega Poster

It was really lovely weather in the morning! - sorry couldnt join you.. next time though
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 09:20 AM   #10
Anonymous

I keep telling you its a fair old way down there

Thos 40s are really annoying. Lots of peple of on hols as well I expect. It hailed in P'head just after you rang me. I didnt go anywhere.