SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-05-05, 08:24 PM   #61
drumwrecker

If your vehicle is illegal in any way you shouldn’t be on the road. Mostly we either get away with it or get a notice of intended prosecution from the police. But, and this is the big but, what happens if you are involved in an accident and the police are involved and your vehicle is illegal on some matter or other. This gives your insurer the opportunity to walk away from your claim and only deal with their legal obligations which may include third party damage. So what is the point of intentionally putting yourself at risk by using small number plated, loud exhausts etc?
Old 04-05-05, 09:25 PM   #62
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by busasean
yes the same parasites who did their job and caught the scrote who burgled our place(not), who caught the people who stole my 1st new bike(not), who gave the guy in the stolen car who totalled my 4 week old zxr a producer and then let him go, even though he was wanted for 13 car thefts and the car was on the pnc as stolen for 43 days. (yes really!!!) the same parasites who you read about in the papers every day as doing their jobs. by the way i'm not anti police as my brother is a copper and his wife is a chief inspector. i'm anti traffic police and very anti money collecting instead of dealing with the issues that the public need sorting!!!
I agree that traffic cops are pretty much tax collectors for minor infringments most of the time and that just sucks ass as far as i'm concerned.
However the individuals who choose to be in traffic must see some unbeilevable stuff too so they need to have these draconian powers at hand to dish out.
Shame a lot of them are jumped up ****s wth an attitude on a power trip and choose to apply the letter of the law for silly things.

Most cops agree that loud cans and dark visors are indeed safer but they dont make the stoooopid laws. Its the prats that we are supposed to vote for tomorrow who do. And i guarantee you this.....any shower of ****e that get in will contine to raise money off all road users in this manner they may dress it up this way or that but they will never gladly give up all the revenue they raise from it.

It is disgusting the way real crimes against people are ignored at the favour of 'crimes' that will earn them some money.
Burglary and street robbery are some of the worst and most personal crimes (aside from rape of course) and they get very little attention. Their attitude is more like "well, sort out the insurance and get over it. Bye now"
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 12:16 PM   #63
Bikerz

so what will police do to me at worest? with a full race system, clearly only for the track? and what are they likly to do?
Old 09-05-05, 12:36 PM   #64
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerz
so what will police do to me at worest? with a full race system, clearly only for the track? and what are they likly to do?
Either a £30 fine, three points on your licence or a rectification notice. And if you've seriously p*ssed them off maybe all three .

Old 09-05-05, 12:38 PM   #65
Bikerz

what? u can get a fine and points? i thourght just a notice was all they could give u? seeing as they cant prove it (tho by ear i think u can mine)
Old 09-05-05, 03:49 PM   #66
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerz
the spelling police would lock you up.
Old 09-05-05, 05:06 PM   #67
Dicky Ticker

Default As per

Traffic cops may seem to be B******* but please dont forget they are often the first on the scene of fatal and serious accidents and as somebody
who has been there although it be many many moons ago it does not make a pleasant job. Being honest I think giving a ticking off is a waste of time with todays yob culture and some of the worst yobs drive expensive cars and wear suits Everybody is reading this post and if you havent
realised that illegal cans and plates can get you nicked you have only one person to blame so stop complaining
Old 09-05-05, 05:33 PM   #68
Flamin_Squirrel

He wasn't complaining, he was asking for clarification on what punishment to expect if caught.
Old 09-05-05, 05:58 PM   #69
Dicky Ticker

Default As per

The answer is in the word " If " dont do it and there is no if Flaunt the law
expect to be caught and accept the punishment My own exhaust isnt 100% but I know the risk and IMHO providing you are sensible the chance of being prosecuted is very slim so I take that chance as it seems many others do on here

Saftey in numbers theory???
Old 09-05-05, 06:31 PM   #70
Flamin_Squirrel