SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-04-05, 07:28 AM   #11
DKrider

hi - I have been using a bit of both. As a tankbag I use an oxford humpback - works ok, but the laptop has to be slightly angled in - haven't had any negatives due to virbration, magnets etc. Problem was, it I had a day with laptop, change of clothes etc, then the tankbag had to be used fully expanded - and then i couldn't see the clocks - bummer. This season I am trying out a backpack - the Kriega 20 litre - brilliant - and it has a built in protection so no sharp bits dig into your back. Feels really good, and I hardly notice its there. So, I was all happy until this weekend when I was on a rider safety course - there they said never wear a backpack - because if you go down, you won't be able to roll out of the way og oncoming traffic.... So, like so much in biking it seems to be a question of a compromise between risk and comfort/fun!
Old 26-04-05, 07:28 AM   #12
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKrider
because if you go down, you won't be able to roll out of the way of oncoming traffic....
I can see this becoming a new sport