SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-06-06, 07:00 PM   #1
suzsv650

Default ok i'm getting stressed!!!!

right had a new front Tyre today ! not only did "pro Tyre" manage to break my speedo drive but also fitted my brakes wrong!!!!!!!!

oh and on the speedo drive they wanted to change me a extra 10er to fit it !!! yea ok !

any way to the brakes most important! well i ride home and they make abnormal squeaking then i get home and realise i have two massive scarches round the disk ! and block on the actual brake caliper have worn away at the disk ! ! !

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img] ]#

as you can see in some of the pics the two blocks which are shiney ive tried loads of things to fix it any help!?!?!?!?!? please!!!!
Old 01-06-06, 07:08 PM   #2
Warren

lame,
id get your tyre pay to sort em out.
Old 01-06-06, 09:08 PM   #3
philipMac

Draft out a letter, setting out your case, send it to the place where it was done, and the HQ of the place.
If you get no joy, seek legal representation, get another letter off to them, take it from there. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. They would have known they broke the plastic sleeve thing for the speedo. And the brakes is just gross negligence.

Pretty shocking really.
Old 01-06-06, 10:05 PM   #4
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

I can't see what's worn on the caliper, can you get some better pics of the damage to the caliper.

The speedo drive is easy to break without knowing you've done it. Still, not hard to get right if you employ a modicum of care.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 06:19 AM   #5
RingDing

Was that Pro-Tyre in Church Road?

I've had mixed experiences with them, always taken them loose wheels. Sometimes they've been great with quick turn around (and good price) but twice they've fitted the tyre backwards and I've had to point it out.

I've had good experiences with All About Bikes for servicing, I think they can do tyres as well. Maybe they are worth ago next time?

Good luck with getting it sorted.

P.

3x Honda C110 - phut-phut-phut
KTM Duke 690 - brum-braaaaaaa!!!!!
BSA C25 - brum-braa-braa
RD350LC Ring-ding-phut-clatter-££££££
RingDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-06, 11:12 AM   #6
Xan173

They did a shoddy job by my standards when I took them my VW T4 van. But back on the subject of our SV's who in the Avon area is recommended?

I've only had my pointy K6 on the road for a couple of days (first proper bike) but would like to know in advance. Perhaps a "sticky" at the head of each regional clubs section for recommended local services might be an idea?
Old 02-06-06, 06:31 PM   #7
mart

jhs racing
Old 03-06-06, 08:59 AM   #8
suzsv650

[img][/img]

a pic with the bit that are rubbing on my disk ....

also could it possibly be that the speedo drive isnt in ??

or do you think they could have forgotten a spacer in the wheal which has pushed the wheal over to the left (when u sit on the bike)

thanks.

oh and ul have to click on the pic the blocks are outlined in red
Old 03-06-06, 09:19 AM   #9
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

OK, that bit is, as I'm sure you know, fixed to the fork leg, so if it's able to touch the disc then the wheel isn't centred in the forks. As the speedo isn't working then your suggestion that the spacers are perhaps incorrectly fitted is where I'd look first.

Anyway, I'd be back at the place that messed it up and I'd be complaining.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 09:20 AM   #10
G - renamed

They shouldn't be able to 'forget' a spacer in the wheel - the one inside the front wheel doesn't come out unless you take a bearing off.

If they have forgotton the spacer on the outside, then that's a rather bad thing.
Not quite sure with road bikes as my race bike has a different configuration, but I would expect they have messed up positiong the spacer, which can cause the damage described.

I would get it sorted, then get it to some sort of 'friendly' garage and get them to write a report on what happened, take it to the first place and make them pay to get it sorted.