SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-08-08, 08:27 PM   #1
jans1971

Default tail tidy fitting instructions

just got a second had tail tidy off ebay has any one got the tail tidy fitting instructions please
Old 17-08-08, 08:42 PM   #2
silent11

Default Re: tail tidy fitting instructions

what tail tidy?
Old 17-08-08, 08:48 PM   #3
jans1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent11 View Post
what tail tidy?
dont know but iv looked at the r and g instuctions and thre ok but they dont say how to get the back fairing off . o yeah im pretty new to this workin on bikes
Old 18-08-08, 02:19 AM   #4
monkey

There are screws and little clips to get the back plastics off. Look for a black clip with a pin in under the rear. Push the pin in and pull out the clip complete. Then you need to slightly pull apart the rear to get it over the subframe. If it won't come look again for more clips. Think there are only a couple of screws under the seat. Noting down where bits came from or taking pics will help. Don't forget it's just nuts and bolts. As long as you remember where they came from they'll go back. I always like to give any bits I take off a good clean too. You can get to the bits that never get cleaned that way.

Good luck. If I've forgotten anything I'm sure someone will be along to correct me.
Old 18-08-08, 09:04 AM   #5
jans1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
There are screws and little clips to get the back plastics off. Look for a black clip with a pin in under the rear. Push the pin in and pull out the clip complete. Then you need to slightly pull apart the rear to get it over the subframe. If it won't come look again for more clips. Think there are only a couple of screws under the seat. Noting down where bits came from or taking pics will help. Don't forget it's just nuts and bolts. As long as you remember where they came from they'll go back. I always like to give any bits I take off a good clean too. You can get to the bits that never get cleaned that way.

Good luck. If I've forgotten anything I'm sure someone will be along to correct me.
thanks alot mate a big help