SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-01-08, 04:41 PM   #11
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Mig Welding in West Yorkshire

Actually I may have a mig welder for sale. I need to get down to the bro in laws house to see what it is. But what I do know is that is is big and industrial. Will post details as soon as I get them
Old 17-01-08, 04:54 PM   #12
Apophes

Hi me 2p worth used to weld at work and do car repairs on weekends mig welding is easy if you get the welder set up right and as others said its alot to do with quality of kit

for bog standard mild steel co2 is fine but if your gonna try ally or stainless you need argon the thickness of the wire and speed all count but with a little bit of time and some scrap peices to play with there easy enough to set up

i would buy the best highest ampage one i could afford its better to use light wire and have plenty of spare power then flogg it to death

my old set was about 175 amp mind you the house lights used to dim a bit while i was on the power
Old 18-01-08, 05:32 PM   #13
timwilky
Mega Poster

Ok, the mig I have for sale is a Snap-On Pro 160, looks to be in good condition. There is also a full size bottle in the shed. I just need to empty the cupboard to see if there is any wire/ guages/nozzles etc.

Anyone interested.?