SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 07-08-09, 04:13 PM   #61
Baph

Default Re: Ace Cafe, 31/08/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
As to the “anything specific” avoided, Oh a handful or so, I’ll enlighten you via PM at anytime, although I’d really be amazed if that were needed.

Only one user PM’d you, I’ve had several, you do certainly galvanise opinion one way or another.
I await your PM with baited breath.

As you've had 'many PMs' regarding this subject, yet no-one has chosen to voice their opinion to me (other than the aforementionned single person), please excuse me if I treat your words with a generous dose of salt.

As stated, I will attend Frith at some point. But that will take considerable planning for me to get there on a Friday evening, so as yet, I don't know when that will be.
Old 07-08-09, 04:29 PM   #62
rictus01
Mega Poster

I can't see the point in sending you a PM with what you already know, the "for effect" factor was you intent I presumed, but if by some slim chance you are blindingly unaware,then I've no problem giving you detail I know, but alas decorum and forum rules prevent that unless via PM , oh and seems to be enough salt to go around in this thread already

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-09, 04:31 PM   #63
Baph

From my perspective, you clearly mis-interpreted this thread from the outset, so please, PM away.

A problem aired is at least part way to being resolved afterall.
Old 07-08-09, 04:42 PM   #64
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
I can't see the point in sending you a PM with what you already know.
Cheers Mark.
look even quoted myself there.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 07-08-09, 04:50 PM   #65
Baph

Quote:
As to the “anything specific” avoided, Oh a handful or so, I’ll enlighten you via PM at anytime, although I’d really be amazed if that were needed.
So your stance from above has now changed? From my perspective, if you consider that I've avoided anything from the thread, I'd love to hear what as I genuinely don't know what it is.

Amazed you may be, but it wasn't me that mis-intepreted the thread, and despite attempts, I'm not a mind reader.

Should you still not wish to "tell me what I already know" (despite me stating I don't know), I'll not bother replying to this again.
Old 07-08-09, 05:01 PM   #66
jambo
Mega Poster

*sigh*

To the people that have not been to the standard Friday meetups at Frith St, I assure you, this thread is not representative of the feel of this regional section, which is exceedingly friendly, helpful and welcoming of new members.

Currently it seems like there's an axe a few people feel the need to grind. Something I'm absolutly certain will pass, leaving us with the cheery banter that normally fills this space.

Baph, I think now the date's been secured as being a Friday evening, I'd have to assume attendance will be lower than possible, given most people will probably be attending Frith St as there's several years of attendance there. Frith ST's not hard to get to, it actually joins the A4, which goes through the North circular (A406) on which the Ace is situated.

What I would ask is that if the attendance is low (which, as stated for the above reasons is likely) that people from this regional section are not subject the the abuse and snide comments aimed at them after the last ace meet. This is an optional meet, and attendance, or not, as with any other meet is purely down to individuals, who shouldn't be criticised either way.

Peace & love...
Jambo
Old 07-08-09, 05:05 PM   #67
rictus01
Mega Poster

no stance change and given your playing, little chance of mis-interpreted

you want to take it to PM; that's fine I'm not going anywhere*, but whilst it's in open forum (and I'm sure you know what I'll say in a PM) we have rules, no matter the provocation, I won't be reasonable for needed Mod intervention, nice try though.

Cheers Mark.

*actually just about the leave for Soho, but I'll be back later.
Old 07-08-09, 06:16 PM   #68
Baph

Jambo, those comments regarding attendance were not made by me. In fact i wasn't even aware of those comments until about half an hr ago! Unfortunately i cannot control the actions of others. However, i accept that friday = frith, which is exactly why i told matt not to feel pressured into coming to the ace. There will be other times in the future that i'm in the area.
There will be no such comments from me. Whomever attends, does so. Whomever doesn't, doesn't.
Mark, i genuinely do want to put this behind us, that cannot be done without discussing it freely. Be that via pm, or face to face one day. Even the sole person to pm me has been told i'll still happily sit down & discuss things over a drink whenever possible.
I'm not trying to bait anyone to do anything, and again, the sole intention behind this thread was to announce where & when i will be. That way, anyone i consider a friend can make an informed decision as to if they want to turn up or not.
Simples. No?
Old 07-08-09, 07:00 PM   #69
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
*stuff*
Quote:
*stuff*
Guys,

All this bickering in the thread is completely off topic of the original post.

All this serves to do is make this sub-forum look like a place for petty-squabbles.

As it is essentially a conversation between the two of you, can you just either:

a) PM each other, or
b) Book a room and get over it

Actually, whilst I think about it, the purpose of this thread i.e. an Ace meet-up on a specific date, has been arranged - can someone LOCK THIS THREAD?

Kind regards

Dirk

Last edited by Kinvig; 07-08-09 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-08-09, 07:03 PM   #70
sarah

i think i must have missed an episode. is there an omnibus edition on sunday i can read to catch up?