SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-04-06, 09:08 AM   #1
anna
Mega Poster

Default camping stuff....

okay for the AR06 I am going to need a tent and sleeping bag etc.. does any one know where I can get a two man tent from that packs down REALLY small (I know most of them do now) and isnt too horridly priced either..

Same goes for sleeping bag !

Thanks
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-06, 09:22 AM   #2
Ceri JC

Dunno if you're planning on sleeping in it on your own, but a 2 man tent generally can't fit 2 people + lids + leathers etc.

I've got a small 2 man tent and it's a squeeze fitting me and my gear in there. If size/weight are a priority, backpacking ones are essential. You can get ones that weigh way under 3KG and are v small (smaller than a roll-mat!) folded up. As to sleeping bags, a decent stuff sack to keep the size down is essential. If space really is at a premium, it for summer use only and you're happy to chance possibly having to wear a jumper/jeans in bed if the weather is cold, you could get a thinner single/2 season one. They're generally cheaper too.

Local hiking camping shop (Blacks are good if you have a branch) should be able to help.
Old 27-04-06, 09:22 AM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Lots to look at here http://www.blacks.co.uk/blacks.storefront/default.aspx
but i know there is a cheaper site. Think i got the link on the comp at home tho.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-06, 09:25 AM   #4
Ward8124

Well if your single you can always share one if ya lucky !!! lol!! BTW Ebay solves all your camping needs

I'll just crawl under my rock now...
Old 27-04-06, 09:26 AM   #5
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Anna

Drop e.d. a PM she used to work in Millet's what she doesnt know about this kind of stuff isnt worth knowing.

Just dont ask her about rucksacks OK

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-06, 09:40 AM   #6
cuffy

ALDI have got camping stuff on offer this week so i've been told, 3 man tent was £25, not a clue what the quality is like though.
Old 27-04-06, 09:50 AM   #7
diamond

Anna i have a very small supposedly 2 man tent that i used for the AR06 last year. It's a Eurohike backpacker it weighs 3.5kg and packs up small enough to go in a tank bag.

It's yours if you wanna borrow it, but like Ceri says a 2 man tent is only big enough for 1 and all your bike kit. But this suited me just fine last year and it only takes about 3 mins to put up.

www.millets.co.uk is always a good place to look for budget tents.

As for sleeping bags i use a Karrimor Global 700 traveller. It weighs around 600grammes or some thing like that and packs up enough so i could probably fit it under my pillion seat. Only a summer bag but is toasty warm inside a tent.

If you want any more info just shout
Old 27-04-06, 10:02 AM   #8
Moo

It maybe worth you having a ride to Decathlon nearest to you is
Decathlon Merry Hill
Unit 9a, Merry Hill Centre
DY5 1SY DUDLEY, BIRMINGHAM

They do some light and reasonably priced tents the 3kg T3+ is well worth the money.
Old 27-04-06, 10:03 AM   #9
Viney
Mega Poster

Passes Liz her annorak (Burghaus or similar of course)
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-06, 10:04 AM   #10
falc

I got some tent pack off millets, there was 20% off too so couldnt resist, got sleeping bags and tent etc. though the tent will need to be strapped to renntec rack as the poles are quite long