SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-06-17, 05:59 PM   #31
Riotstarterr

Default Re: TPS/STV/FI...adjusting issues, possible HOWTO in the future

Well, I will check my regulator ASAP, that's for sure, because it's fairly easy operation and cannot hurt anything to be sure.

However, to be 100% clear, I had issues before doing the STV removal and after removing it, it's the same, no issue disappeared and no issue appeared. So in my case, it didn't help, it didn't hurt anything, at least not anything that I would recognize.
The topic with STV removal is full of people who says they have good experience with STVs removed, who am I to tell them they are all wrong. I just wanted to make my own opinion and it's neutral at this point.
Old 23-06-17, 07:27 PM   #32
Seeker
Mega Poster

Could it be that the reason you have not seen any issues appearing/disappearing with the removal of the STV is that yours was not functioning correctly?

I know people have removed the STV system but here are some that have refitted it (for smoothness) although it's on the DL1000

http://www.stromtrooper.com/maintena...le-plates.html

So, each to their own...good luck, anyway.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-17, 10:08 AM   #33
Riotstarterr

I think I'm **** outta luck.
This sunday, I took the bike apart again and did all the processes again, including voltage measurements of TPS, STPS, etc.
TB synced, TPS adjusted, STP adjusted, Fast Idle adjusted (precisely according to manual), intake cleaned. Every sensor was checked for consistent behaviour with multimeter. Actually the STV valves (well, the rest of it) seems to be working OK too even though the plates are removed at this moment.
Note that my valves are checked and OK, there is new rear chain and sprockets installed, Gipro ATRE installed, new air filter.

There's nothing I came across that would point out to any issue, yet there are issues;
Bike is still jerky a lot with rapid twitching back and forth when I try to hold speed constant (most noticeable at lower speeds). I have noticed, that when I have bike parked and started - in neutral and try to hold RPMs constant at some value (let's say 3000rpm), it's not stable and fluctuates +-200RPM, which is what probably causes the rapid twitching. I had voltmeter connected to TPS at the same time and checked, that the values of TPS were constant and not moving while holding the throttle, yet the RPMs were fluctuating.
Oh and the damn Fast idle does not work even after adjusting, it just does not do anything.
All of the mentioned issues were there even before I did all the stuff above (ATRE, adjustments, exchanges, etc.), nothing has changed.

Issues are the same even when the airbox is completely removed and the bike is started.

All this leads me to a thought, that there's an issue with the engine itself or something wrong with fuel injection, maybe even ECU issues.
Old 26-06-17, 11:00 AM   #34
Seeker
Mega Poster

Could it be a vacuum leak, they often cause surging/poor idle?

There's a guy on the US site with idle problems, maybe his thread will have some suggestions?

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135367

(sorry about linking to another forum)
Old 26-06-17, 11:07 AM   #35
Riotstarterr

Idle is fine, that's the thing, it's the RPM above idle when the throttle is applied and held constantly at one position, where the fluctuating appears.. And I have checked for vacuum leaks, there is none.
Old 26-06-17, 12:46 PM   #36
Seeker
Mega Poster

I don't know how you checked for vac leaks - but one way is to spray WD40 over the suspected area with engine running and see if the idle changes.

Here's a left field kind of question: is your clutch switch connected and functioning correctly?

Other than that, dirty fuel injectors? Try some seafoam?

Maybe a compression test (and a leakdown test) to check the health of the engine.
Old 26-06-17, 12:49 PM   #37
Seeker
Mega Poster

How long has the TRE been installed?
Old 26-06-17, 12:49 PM   #38
Riotstarterr

Checked with carb cleaner.

Not sure about clutch switch, but I guess it's working since I cannot start the bike without pulling the clutch in.

Seafoam is not available around here where I live. Ordering via eBay costs a fortune to get it here.

Compression test...mhmhm...will think about it.

EDIT: TRE is there for about a week. Didn't notice any change after installing it. I mean no positive, nor negative change.

Last edited by Riotstarterr; 26-06-17 at 12:50 PM.