SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Riding Gear Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 23-06-16, 11:13 AM   #1
Fordward

Default Big recommendation for Helmet City Cheltenham

As per the title really. And a big thanks in particular to Jay @ Helmet City.

I went into the shop in Cheltenham a little while ago and bought a Shoei Neotec and a Sena 10U to go with it. There was also an online offer for a pair of £100 Hornee kevlar jeans free with that helmet, and I needed new jeans anyway. I wanted to try both Helmet and jeans on before buying, hence visiting the store.

Jay said the jeans were an online offer only, to which my reply was "well that's OK, I only need to try them on for size, so I can just order online later", so of course he agreed to do it in store as well. Result.

I also got the lot (£470 helmet plus £230 bluetooth = £700) on 0% finance so instead of taking the hit it'll come out monthly and I'll hardly notice it at no cost to me. The £700 has gone towards our family holiday.

Whilst waiting for this to all be processed, my stepfather, mother, wife and son were all welcomed into the store from the car outside, to have coffee and use the toilet.

The colour of helmet I wanted wasn't in stock, so Jay took the order and shipped the helmet, with the Sena already charged up and fitted for me, the following week.

The Sena wasn't working properly, one of the speakers was cracking and appeared to be blown, so Jay arranged a return to Bike It the supplier, and Helmet City paid for the postage.

A couple of weeks later I emailed Jay for an update as I hadn't heard anything from Bike It, he phoned them up, found they had no stock, so had another one from his stock shipped out same day (so that's now three lots of postage they paid for).

I have now tested it and it's working great, and Helmet City are one £230 bluetooth unit down on their stock until Bike It get their act together and send my replacement to them.

Comms and customer service from Jay at Helmet City has been great throughout the process, with fast replies to email, and nothing being too much trouble. Keeping the customer happy is clearly top priority for them above all else.

I'd recommend these guys, good staff, well stocked shop, good prices, and great customer service!
Old 18-09-16, 09:48 PM   #2
DJFridge

Default Re: Big recommendation for Helmet City Cheltenham

Helmet City in Chichester gets a big thumbs up from us, not that we've had anything like the problems to sort that you did mind you. They have two branches opposite each other, one with brand new full priced stock and the other with end of run or last year's stuff. I didn't care that the helmet I tried on was last year's colour scheme - it was £100 off and comfortable! No brainer really