SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: What lowers should I invest in?
JMV 8 42.11%
Suzuki 11 57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-04, 02:23 AM   #1
MitchC

Default Another thread from me about lowers...

Hey,

I am contemplating on whether to get lowers for my bike or not. I am debating to go with the Suzuki or JMV (?) lowers.

Suzuki

JMV

Now, I asked a Suzuki dealer here in Canada about the Suzuki lowers. They said they didn't make them. I laughed and walked away. The guy didn't know what he was talking about and didn't want to deal with me so I walked out. I am confident I can get them in Canada.

But JMV... I know nothing about other than I like the look. Does anyone know their website? Where they are made or where else I can get them? Cost?

Now, I would also want to get frame sliders to protect my lowers. The Suzuki lowers have space frame sliders ready to be fit. But the JMV looks like it covers an important bolt on the frame. How would they be mounted? Hm... that about does it for now... if I forget anything I will post again. Thanks in advance,

Mitch

Keep your feet on the pegs and keep your right hand cranked.
Did your right hand write a cheque that your rear tire couldn't cash?

www.MITCHCAVE.com | I Do It With Twins
MitchC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-04, 07:37 AM   #2
Anonymous

www.eurobikes.com carry JMV kit in California which is nearer to you (well on same continent). JMV for me, IMO.
Old 05-04-04, 08:14 AM   #3
Cloggsy

I prefer the Suzuki ones... They're just 'better looking' IMHO
Old 05-04-04, 08:33 AM   #4
Anonymous

But look at the lines....the JMV ones follow the bike, the Suzuki ones dont seem to follow the lines at all, they could have been made for a different bike.....IMO
Old 05-04-04, 09:43 AM   #5
ophic
Mega Poster

i think its all about corners and curves - the JMV has corners, and the Suzuki has curves. I prefer curves

Having said that, the JMV ones looks good too, but when i've got my £399 together, i know which ones i'll be buying.
Old 05-04-04, 09:53 AM   #6
rossi46

i had this problem myself,still hav'nt decided now!but another factor i found was the price difference between the two.rhencullen do the jmv ones in this country(uk),they said they would supply me with a set colour coded for £330.whereas the suzuki ones are £400.at the end of the day tho it's personal preference.an anyway,i think im just gonna get abellypan instead now!but the jmv ones go with the sharp an angular looks of the 03+sv.
Old 05-04-04, 09:56 AM   #7
splke

JMV for me but i would worry about the fit myself .
Old 05-04-04, 02:50 PM   #8
Muttley

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.ph...=chain+cleaner

Just add a few more views on this topic.
Old 05-04-04, 11:29 PM   #9
MitchC

Hey,

Thanks guys. I was leaning towards JMV but thought they were only available in Germany for some reason... I think they do flow with the sharp angles of the K3. I will jsut have to start saving. Mod the little things first. Thanks again,

Mitch

Keep your feet on the pegs and keep your right hand cranked.
Did your right hand write a cheque that your rear tire couldn't cash?

www.MITCHCAVE.com | I Do It With Twins
MitchC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-04, 09:58 AM   #10
Stef

i'm also planning to install some Lowers on my K3 some day. If looks were all that mattered, i'd choose the Sharkskinz full fairing any day. But it seems sharkskinz isn't willing to ship to europe. I mailed them and as soon they knew i wasn't living in the US, they didn't reply.

About add-on lowers then. I've seen the OEM Suzuki lowers in real life several times and i must say they look better on pictures. They simply just don't look the bussiness. I have the impression it's something from a different bike thrown on an SVS. Just look at the joint between the upper and lower fairing. Looks like the Grand Canyon !

I agree the JMV is well designed, good looking and does fits the SVS, but i'm looking for something sportier.

So i'm left with the Topline lower fairing. It's sporty, not too expensive and has a decend fit.

Topline and JMV are both made in Fance, but as Dr. Rich said, i think you can order them both at Eurobikes.

I would like to add a picture but can't figure out how. How did you do that Mitch ?