SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-07-11, 09:24 AM   #21
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Default Re: bingo wing workout

fastfordmag.co.uk

makes some nice reading :0)

BRAKES
System: vacuum servo-assisted
dual-circuit hydraulic
Front: ventilated 240 mm discs
Rear: 178 mm drum
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 09:40 AM   #22
Peachey

Controversy, I was more of a VW Golf Mark1 or 2 GTi fan!

Old 13-07-11, 09:41 AM   #23
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Try this for your bingo wings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXHUdvvHTkw
Old 13-07-11, 10:00 AM   #24
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
richie - what I got from your comment was take a photo blah blah blah blah blah lol x will check out the brakes later, well my onsite mechanic will

Have you ever pushed on the brake pedal when the engine's turned off? The brake pedal starts to stiffen up and stops travelling towards the floor - this is what Richie's on about...

Pump the pedal til it stiffens up with, then turn your engine on while you've got your foot on the brake - it should release and travel back to the floor again - if so this indicates that your brakes are running a servo easiest way to find out

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 10:28 AM   #25
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Right the brake pedal does drop down a little when you do that.
I think it's more a case of going from a mondeo with discs all round (300mm fronts 280mm rears) to small front discs and drum rears. The discs, pads and calipers were replaced a couple of months ago.
The car itself is in pretty good nick, has had a blow over at some point but it's been done well.
Has a some issues as you would expect on an older car, few electrical niggles like the rear wiper motor and washer bottle have been removed as has the aerial and rear speaker wires. Boot light not working etc

Nothing major but bugs me all the same

It's been lowered 60mm which is too low for my liking especially with my fat **** in it! Will put standard or not so short springs back on at some point.
The exhaust is an Ashley full system including manifold so it's rather loud
Old 13-07-11, 10:30 AM   #26
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Oh and the RS7s are staying on it! Although I might get some pepperpots to run over winter
Old 13-07-11, 11:32 AM   #27
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
Have you ever pushed on the brake pedal when the engine's turned off? The brake pedal starts to stiffen up and stops travelling towards the floor - this is what Richie's on about...

Pump the pedal til it stiffens up with, then turn your engine on while you've got your foot on the brake - it should release and travel back to the floor again - if so this indicates that your brakes are running a servo easiest way to find out
why would I push the brake pedal when engine is turned off? If engine is off im getting out the car lol
Old 13-07-11, 11:46 AM   #28
Dicky Ticker

Womens logic
Old 13-07-11, 11:49 AM   #29
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

ah... sorry, I forgot you were a lady, pushing the brake when the engine is turned off usually occurs whilst the lady is in the shops and I've been waiting for more than 20 minutes.. start flicking switches, pushing pedals, tinkering with bits which I don't usually look at..

See also; motorway closure.

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 12:04 PM   #30
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
Right the brake pedal does drop down a little when you do that.
I think it's more a case of going from a mondeo with discs all round (300mm fronts 280mm rears) to small front discs and drum rears. The discs, pads and calipers were replaced a couple of months ago.
The car itself is in pretty good nick, has had a blow over at some point but it's been done well.
Has a some issues as you would expect on an older car, few electrical niggles like the rear wiper motor and washer bottle have been removed as has the aerial and rear speaker wires. Boot light not working etc

Nothing major but bugs me all the same

It's been lowered 60mm which is too low for my liking especially with my fat **** in it! Will put standard or not so short springs back on at some point.
The exhaust is an Ashley full system including manifold so it's rather loud
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
Oh and the RS7s are staying on it! Although I might get some pepperpots to run over winter
I used to have upgraded discs on my Mk1. I had 40 groove Tarox, with braided lines and racing fluid and rear disc conversion. I cant remember what they were from but they worked well. I think the pads may have been fast road Pagid. Also had coil overs on mine running an 80mm drop. It was running a burton race tuned lump with a 1700 bottom end and stage 4 head luminition ignition and a set of Twin 50's on a custom manifold and a Magnox full 2.5" single box system. It went like the preverbial brown stuff off a shovel. I miss that car. 3 ft flames on over run. Lucky the Mk1 had metal bumpers.

I used to have an Ashley system on the skoda. It was deafening, but fun.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote