SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-08-07, 02:58 PM   #1
kwak zzr

Default strange things happening?

last night at 7pm i decided to have a drive to my sisters in barnstaple a total of 188 miles (well i was bored) i took her another pc that i had spare because hers is fubar i'll get back the the strange happenings in a mo i only stopped an hour at barnstaple had a coffe and headed back to the midlands at midnight, arrived home at 3am this morning to find my floodlight pointing at my garage door had been vandalised? looks like the PIR sensor had been hit with something and was broken off the floodlight and was left just hanging by the wires, it had also been twisted round so the sensor was pointing at the wall not the garage door? i then noticed that 2 house bricks i lean'd up the shed door were on the garden? strange? i open'd the garage door expecting the sv to be gone but she was still there and nothing had been touched? (the garage door was unlocked by the way, it was when i went out to lock it in the early hours of this morning that i noticed the floodlight didnt come on?)
is someone casing my joint and planning a return for my bike?
Old 19-08-07, 03:01 PM   #2
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: strange things happening?

they where probably seeing what security you got, my advice would be bring the bike indoors or sit in the garage with a baseball bat

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-07, 03:13 PM   #3
kwak zzr

certainly strange goings on, to get to our garage you have walk down a shared driveway round the back of the house, the garage is in the back garden. its dark and quiet round there and without the floodlight a would be theif wouldnt be seen.
Old 19-08-07, 03:17 PM   #4
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

you'd be surprised how ballsy thief's can be on new years eve i had some one try to nick my car i was watching from the window, i didn't do anything as i thought it was my brother (didn't have glasses on) then i realized, jumped up and out the front door at about 0-5 in 1 sec but they where gone, must have herd me going

and my drive comes down between conifers and is completely lighten up with lights, plus im in the far corner of the coldisac

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 19-08-07, 03:24 PM   #5
kwak zzr

i think i'll shut the wife up in the garage tonight so shes there waiting just incase.
Old 19-08-07, 03:25 PM   #6
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

hahaha yeah, just imagine the thief's face when they come back

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 19-08-07, 03:28 PM   #7
kwak zzr

i like the idea of putting the sv in the house
Old 19-08-07, 03:31 PM   #8
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

i put my ped in the kitchen couple years ago, well the parents where on holiday the handle broke on the garage door (i think some one tryed to break in) and really didn't want to leave it outside for obvious reasons

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 19-08-07, 03:58 PM   #9
John 675

Question Re: strange things happening?

im pretty certain that your house was being scoped mate. imho you should lock down tight and buy a baby monitor for night times, its the only peice of mind you will get.
Old 19-08-07, 08:37 PM   #10
SV225

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
im pretty certain that your house was being scoped mate. imho you should lock down tight and buy a shotgun for night times, its the only peice of mind you will get.