SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 02-04-06, 03:32 PM   #1
jim@55

Default new IAM group

ifanybod local is interested theres a new IAM group forming its 'glasgow south' as opposed to 'glasgow north'(bit obvious that).Anyway its first meet is in the morrisons car park ,the one that runs between ashtree rd and kilmarnock rd,@6.30 on wed 5th .its the first night so turnout is a bit of a guess ,but their stand at a recent bikesafe meeting was busyso their was a fair bit of interest .im in no way connected to this so i know nothing other than what ive been told .theres 2 sv's for sure that are going .itl b a ride-out for those that are interested,iv been going to go for a while and was just waiting until the one in mcds started up again ,but now ive found this one ,its also nearer to my house and therefore more convenient for me so im gonna go there and see how its run .its (very)early days for them so im starting when theyr starting the group(all are proper IAM observers btw)any body interested??(or will this b a tumbleweed thread)
Old 02-04-06, 04:02 PM   #2
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Do you know who's running it??? I mean people's names...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-06, 04:21 PM   #3
jim@55

dean ,its Robert brydon,Anne Hadden and bernie mcgee.robert (the guy with the beard who broke his foot while on holiday in morrocco last yr)was the observer who was with me last yr so they seem to know their stuff.the admin is a guy called,roddie montgomery,.theres a link to glasgow south on the IAM website
Old 02-04-06, 08:56 PM   #4
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Aye its all been handbags, They're all ex Glasgow North Members...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-06, 09:04 PM   #5
Anonymous

nice bunch. glasgow south used to have a group but numbers dwindled. say hi to them all for me
Old 02-04-06, 09:15 PM   #6
owenieboy

I'd be up for this, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it for 6.30 (work in falkirk and finish at 5.30). Maybe I'll be able to swing working from the Glasgow office on wednesday... will let you know nearer the time...
Old 02-04-06, 11:30 PM   #7
goof

Should be up for it Jimbo - not sure if I'm into the AIM thing but up for a run
Old 03-04-06, 12:24 AM   #8
scooby2102

goof, I was probably same view as yourself ref the IAM thingy but the more I think about it, it should hopefully make us better riders, if not that then it should at least teach us to be more aware of the bams out there lurkin about waiting to pounce out from junctions etc.

was at the bike safe night on thurs with jim, really was an eye opener, has really got me thinkin about exactly how I ride and I know I will have to change / modify my riding a fair bit but as I said above, hopefully it helps make me safer when on the road

Was a guy there who stood up and did a wee talk, Colin I think his name was, jeeze, I have never been so humbled in my entire life listening to his story (had a bad off through no fault of his own and now is permanently disabled), made me think deeply about how easy our passion can be brought tragically to a halt

anyway, probably see you on wed if you make it, will be workin in Lancashire but should get off to a flyer back up the road
Old 03-04-06, 11:24 AM   #9
goof

No no Rab, totally agree with all you've said, just worry that it would kinda steralise my riding and suck out all the fun ... thinking about it though I realise that's probably not the case, better to have the skills at your disposal!
Old 06-04-06, 05:51 PM   #10
independentphoto

Right guys.......

.....who all did a BikeSafe assessed ride, where, when etc???????

Did you find it was well organised and convenient etc, and (silly question time) did you learn anything? Was it done in Strathclyde or L&B?

Looking at the BikeSafe London website, you'd be well impressed. Nothing like that up here!

I've been watching videos of "police style riding" and trying to take advice onboard. The footage is very interesting viewing IMHO.

Cheers,

Garry