SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-04-06, 03:43 PM   #1
sprocket

Default Carb heater question

Hi, I've just managed to damage part of my carbs DOH. Its the metal bolt that the heat sensor connects to on the under side of each carb. Gold in colour and has two electrical connections. Anyone know a part number on this one. I've gone through the parts lists but cant find it.

Thanks
Old 06-04-06, 04:24 PM   #2
BILLY

Try your local suzuki dealer for the part no.
Old 06-04-06, 04:25 PM   #3
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Re: Carb heater question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket
Hi, I've just managed to damage part of my carbs DOH. Its the metal bolt that the heat sensor connects to on the under side of each carb. Gold in colour and has two electrical connections. Anyone know a part number on this one. I've gone through the parts lists but cant find it.

Thanks
As its coming to summer why not just leave it off anyway, no fuel will come out as its just a thread to hold the heater.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 04:25 PM   #4
haggis

Oops! I did the same thing once.

You might not get them in a parts list as they were a uk only part i think. I might still have the little bag with the part number on it. Will go look tonight if you don't get an answer off anyone else.
Old 06-04-06, 04:29 PM   #5
haggis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM

As its coming to summer why not just leave it off anyway, no fuel will come out as its just a thread to hold the heater.
Summer? What's that! We had hailstones and frost today.

If you do disconnect it, do the same on the other one too! Otherwise you'll have problems.
Old 06-04-06, 04:43 PM   #6
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis
Summer? What's that! We had hailstones and frost today.
No rain here in londinium.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 04:45 PM   #7
sprocket

HEHE Thanks guys, I got on to my local dealer and they're looking for me. Might see how much the parts gonna cost .. haggis any idea what you paid? Will probably just put it on now though rather than leaving it for the summer, saves removing the carbs again and having to fiddle with it.

Bloody things are a pain in the ass, 90% of the bolts had seized so had to drill them all out. Gonna get on to chewy for some replacements lol.

Had to replace pretty much all the bolts on my bike now hehe
Old 06-04-06, 05:58 PM   #8
haggis

Not much, maybe £10 tops?

In my defence it was a couple of years ago!
Old 06-04-06, 07:48 PM   #9
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

I really wouldn't bother replacing it, they don't work anyway, as for disconnecting the other one to avoid problems half nothing is still nothing.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 08:39 PM   #10
embee
Mega Poster

I confess I managed to knock the front carb heater off when removing the carbs once.

The heating coil is loose inside, seems to simply make contact at each end by spring pressure. Fortunately I collected the bits and reassembled with Araldite. It's still in one piece.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote