SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-04-10, 09:48 AM   #1
mouse8197

Default Removing choke retaining screw?

im in the process of sortin out my choke its not moving on the lever like it should. i,ve removed the cheesium screws as has been described in other threads, they were a b*tch to get out but with my trusty new screw extracter from B&Q they eventually came out along with most of the skin on one of my fingers, notr to worry i have nine more.

anyway may problem now is after removing the screw from the front carb the cable wont come out has anybody got any ideas or had the same problem.

look forward to hereing the answers and thanx in advance

mark
Old 05-04-10, 09:51 AM   #2
husky03
Mega Poster

Default Re: bleeding for the cause !!!

it'll just be gummed up with cr ap-wiggle it till it comes out, give it a scoot with a cleaner to help it
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 09:56 AM   #3
mouse8197

cheers husky will give it a go
Old 05-04-10, 09:59 AM   #4
husky03
Mega Poster

make sure your trying to remove the brass bit that sits in the carbs
Old 05-04-10, 10:04 AM   #5
mouse8197

have got it out mate thanks a bit of leverage with screwdriver and it popped out was donderin thou can i spray wd40 into the card to clean the hole where it sits before i grease it all up and replace it.
Old 05-04-10, 10:08 AM   #6
husky03
Mega Poster

dip a rag in some petrol and give it a rub with that or use some carb cleaner spray
Old 05-04-10, 10:10 AM   #7
mouse8197

sound cheers mate thanx for the help/advice
Old 05-04-10, 04:50 PM   #8
mouse8197

well have got the choke plungers out cleaned them, greased them only round the springs is that right, have put it all back together and hey presto it works cant believe it i,m a mechanic now lol (is wish). anyway waiting to take it for a run just to make sure its ok but fingers crossed. my revs off the choke are around 1000 is that right or do i need to turn them a fraction as it still stalls from time to time.
Old 05-04-10, 04:58 PM   #9
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse8197 View Post
well have got the choke plungers out cleaned them, greased them only round the springs is that right, have put it all back together and hey presto it works cant believe it i,m a mechanic now lol (is wish). anyway waiting to take it for a run just to make sure its ok but fingers crossed. my revs off the choke are around 1000 is that right or do i need to turn them a fraction as it still stalls from time to time.
When cold, your engine might idle at about this speed. Get the bike out, go for a ride to warm the engine up (10 - 15 minutes should do), then adjust the idle till its at about 1400 rpm...the manual states anything between 1300 and 1500 rpm idle With each adjustment of the idle adjuster, blip the throttle
Old 05-04-10, 05:29 PM   #10
mouse8197

Default Re: Removing choke retaining screw?

how stiff should the knob be that you turn (no rude comments please lol), mines quite stiff am concerned about bustin it.