SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 01-12-09, 10:32 AM   #1
Skip
Mega Poster

Default EAR Meetup on Sunday 13th December

As your leader (who - me? ) I think we should definitely have a get together before Christmas - even if no-one comes I am at least going to go on my own

In all seriousness I propose we meet up at Southwold pier as its not a million miles from me and I know there are a couple of other EAR-ers who arent too far away either. It has a warm cafe that serves basic food and drink so we can have a small bite at lunchtime and a natter and hopefully a few photos in front of the pier itself.

Bearing in mind the date is pretty close to the shortest day of the year I think midday is a good time to meet as it gives time for any morning frost to melt (hopefully) and also gives us all a chance to get home in the daylight.

So there it is - come or don't - up to you - but I will be there
Old 01-12-09, 11:36 PM   #2
svrich

Default Re: EAR Meetup on Sunday 13th December

Me too. I propose an ice cream eating pose in front of the the bike line up
Old 02-12-09, 09:19 PM   #3
Sean_C

In York
Old 03-12-09, 12:56 AM   #4
kellyjo

Would love to come but my bikes not on the road at the moment (apologies for my absence but ive moved house and its taken an eternity to get my internet up and running!!).

Not sure if or when it will be back in action, cos firstly the rear tyre needed replacing about 500 miles ago, and secondly many things are up in the air at the moment (finances and love life mainly ) so im not sure whether the bike and i even have a future, and that is just sooooo crap, but then i guess thats life, you just think youve got it all sorted and before you know it everythings back in turmoil again.

In the meantime i'll still be popping my head around the forum 'door' to see whats going on and hopefully be back in the saddle soon. Take care of yourselves in the meantime xxx

Last edited by kellyjo; 03-12-09 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-12-09, 09:03 AM   #5
Skip
Mega Poster

Sorry to hear that KJ - heres hoping you are back in saddle and ready to rally us all for meets in the New Year
Old 03-12-09, 01:31 PM   #6
jimmy-james

I would love to tag along, any excuse to take the Storm for a proper ride but unfortunatly i'm between night shifts, next time work permiting. Have a good one and i hope the weather is good for you.
Old 03-12-09, 04:10 PM   #7
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Would love to come but my bikes not on the road at the moment (apologies for my absence but ive moved house and its taken an eternity to get my internet up and running!!).

Not sure if or when it will be back in action, cos firstly the rear tyre needed replacing about 500 miles ago, and secondly many things are up in the air at the moment (finances and love life mainly ) so im not sure whether the bike and i even have a future, and that is just sooooo crap, but then i guess thats life, you just think youve got it all sorted and before you know it everythings back in turmoil again.

In the meantime i'll still be popping my head around the forum 'door' to see whats going on and hopefully be back in the saddle soon. Take care of yourselves in the meantime xxx
Sorry to hear all is not well with you at the mo KJ.

I'm sure all will sort itself out given time.

I know it may be very difficult financially but having a bike so you can grab a few hours out on it, and leave all your troubles behind, is wonderful therapy.

Anyway, don't be a stranger on here.
Old 03-12-09, 06:15 PM   #8
Mike2165

Sod it, I've realised I'm out the night before and staying away, funnily enough in BSE! I don't think I'm gonna get back home to take the bike. I might however come with wifey in the car as Southwold pier is one of our favourite places.
Old 08-12-09, 10:12 PM   #9
Mike2165

definately can't make this one now, will see you all in the new year
Old 09-12-09, 08:32 AM   #10
Skip
Mega Poster

Well short of snow or torrential rain I will definitely be there - got a pass from Mrs Skip and everything!